X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver Highland Games

The 109th annual BC Highland Games will be held on Saturday June 26th in Coquitlam,BC. It is always a great event with plenty of vendors, dancers, pipers, and highland events. For more information please see the official website at www.bchighlandgames.com

For more Highland games in the BC are in the near future check out www.maclachlans.org/games.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woohoo, Tennents is being served in the beer tent this year along with Guinness. Hope to see some folks out on Saturday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be there and the wife has expressed interest in attending too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll have the Bear Kilts booth set up again this year.
    Rudi of Celtic Empire will be there, as well.
    I hope it's not as hot as it was last year. Hell, I hope it's not as hot as it is today!

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bear@bearkilts.com
    I hope it's not as hot as it was last year. Hell, I hope it's not as hot as it is today!
    Lucky you, Bear! It IS the first week of the Wimbledon tennis chamionships, and being such we should expect rain, but we do not expect the cold as well! Today, we've had torrential rain (much needed for the parched gardens), gale-force winds which have brought down trees and power lines - and smashed several of my large terracotta pots in the garden and, on top of all that, the temperature has dropped by 20ºF in two days! I was so cold this afternoon that I had to switch on my central heating ......... in JUNE, for crying out loud!!!
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish
    Quote Originally Posted by bear@bearkilts.com
    Lucky you, Bear! It IS the first week of the Wimbledon tennis chamionships, and being such we should expect rain, but we do not expect the cold as well! Today, we've had torrential rain (much needed for the parched gardens), gale-force winds which have brought down trees and power lines - and smashed several of my large terracotta pots in the garden and, on top of all that, the temperature has dropped by 20ºF in two days! I was so cold this afternoon that I had to switch on my central heating ......... in JUNE, for crying out loud!!!
    Ham,
    I rarely feel the cold but the heat saps the strength from me and I want to nap. (I would if I didn't have kilts to make.)
    All said, I'd rather have a a cool blow up the kilt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too Bad I won't be there. We got a late invitation to visit God's Pocket(near Port Hardy) this weekend. Best of luck to you Bear. Say hi to Rudi for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I just got home. Here's a sample picture of our friendly neighbourhood Bear for ya ;)

More to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is everything I shot except the blurry pictures and the one shot of the grass. They are mostly "through the crowd" shots.

http://www.khensu.org/pix/ids/index....CHighlandGames

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KhensU
    Well I just got home. Here's a sample picture of our friendly neighbourhood Bear for ya ;)

More to come.
    I just got in and took a cold shower and ordered a pizza.
    That redness you see in my face is not from the colour of the umbrella. It is fully developed and I'm a bright pink and still feeling uncomfortably warm.
    Not too bad a day, however. Sold a few things and will probably get some orders out of the day.

I'll post a few pics of my own later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast