X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Offering Dress Gordon Modern Lochcarron Strome tartan below cost... due to my mistake

In case anyone is looking for some nice tartan fabric at a low price, I'm offering a piece (or two). It's a 4 yard double width length of Dress Gordon Modern in 16 oz. Strome weight.

The situation is that I had cut the first half for a kilt length of 22.5" .

Then realized I had made a mistake....it should have been 13 oz. and not 16 oz. weight.
    So I bought the 13 oz. tartan, made the kilt the right way and solved that problem.

But now, here I am with 4 yards of 16 oz. weight, the first half cut at 22.5" wide. The other half of the 4 yards is 33" wide.

My hope is that someone can benefit from my mistake. An 8 yard kilt at 22.5" could be made. Or a 4 yard box pleated could be made.

(Moderators, I hope it's okay for me to offer this. I'm not trying to profit... just the opposite.)
    Bonnie Heather Greene, Kiltmaker and Artist
    Traditional hand stitched kilts, kilt alterations, kilt-skirts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bonnie,

I'd be very interested in your cloth. What sort of price did you have in mind? Also, keep in mind that you'd be shipping to Canada if this all goes through!. If you'd like to PM me, we could see if this is mutually beneficial. Thanks!