OK, this has been bugging me for a while. Maybe there's a secret to this that I haven't been able to figure out.

Why is it that if I use the search function (even the 'advanced' search), and try to search for a keyword by a particular user, it only displays results for threads that they started? Supposedly it will search posts, and not just titles, but it won't give me results for posts unless they were in a thread started by that user.

Let's say I want to search for an old post of mine where I was discussing the Texas bluebonnet tartan. I remember that thread, and I know I posted replies that included the word "bluebonnet". But when I do an advanced search for the word "bluebonnet", with my name as the username, it gives me zero results. If I do a search using the keyword "Texas" with my name as the username, it gives me a list of threads where I posted the word "Texas", but limits the results only to threads that I started. Not threads where I simply replied to someone else.

What's the secret to finding a keyword in a thread where I replied, but didn't start the thread? I've never seen a search feature that was this limiting.