X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: Excellent shirt

Benning Boy is offline Membership Revoked for repeated rule violations.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent shirt

I got a big surprise last week when an unexpected package arrived at the door. I had no idea where it came from or why. Well, it turned out to be a gift from my girlfriend, a new shirt from Celtic Croft. It's a great item. She ordered the Economy Shirt http://www.kilts-n-stuff.com/kilt/sc...ilt-shirt.html, and although it's an economy shirt, there's certainly nothing cheap about it, in the sense of being shoddy goods. The material is very nice, and it's well stitched. It's a natural, or unbleached hue, like unbleached muslin, but heavier than muslin. Even after washing it remains firm, not fluffy soft. It is sorta like a Jacobite shirt in style, except it has two buttons at the neck, rather than a lace. The top button closes right on the spot low on my neck where a tracheal incision would be made in an emergency. That's exactly where I like my shirts to button. The shirt is an XXL, and quite a good fit. I can wear XL shirts, but prefer the extra roominess of an XXL, so this one is just right. There are buttons at the cuffs. There's plenty of fabric in the waist to accommodate a large guy, like someone who is XXL in the neck and shoulders, but XXXL in the waist. There are no washing instructions on the shirt, but it looks like it hasn't been preshrunk, so wash with care. I used the cold water setting on the washing machine and the air dry setting on the dryer. It's a good buy. Take a look at it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a fine shirt. Thank you for the care tips. Enjoy.

Cool and kind gift, on your lady's part. Now reciprocate like a good gent....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have kilts, badges and accessories from Celtic Croft, but no shirts. I have no complaints about any of the products I've gotten from them. I like the way this shirt buttons, as opposed to the lace that's usually holding them together at the neck. I may have to give it a shot.
    "Don't give up what you want most for what you want now."
    Just my 2¢ worth.

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to duke_19_62 For This Useful Post: