X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That my friend is awesome!
    Glen McGuire

A Life Lived in Fear, Is a Life Half Lived.

Somewhere in the flat, dusty Texas Panhandle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your kind words. t_challa, I designed the tartan using my knowledge of weaving, then used a digital designer to finally complete the design. I sent my design to Matt Newsome, if I may, the "Gucci" of kilts, in May of 2013. Matt then sent it off the Selkirk's D.C. Dagliesh artisan weavers, who wove only 6 yards, just for me. Unfortunately, Dagliesh takes the month of August off for summer break; leaving my tartan to be woven in September. Matt eventually received the yardage, leaving me to wait for many more months, until finally being completed into my kilt on the 14th of June, 2014. Of course, I had been quite anxious in waiting for it, as it is certainly a most amazing feat. To my great disadvantage, I left for church camp on 7:30 A.M., Monday, the 16th, on the very day my kilt came in the mail. Needless to say, aside from the slight fear of running out of Gatorade and socks, it was always on my mind. (Cue Willie Nelson.)

I don't think I should be able to thank Matt for what he did for me. Certainly, he went out of his way many times, and over above at that.
    ~Live Long and Piobaireachd~
    Jordan "Grip" Langehennig

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to PiperOfThePlains For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite an accomplishment ! Well done indeed . I very much like your choice of pleating !

Wow ! That's a jones to the third degree . First , waiting for your design to be woven . Second , waiting for the kilt to be made . Third ( and probably the worst ) finding out that your kilt arrived the day you were already off to camp .

I can only imagine that it was certainly " always on my mind " ( enter Willie ) . I would have been chomping at the bit .
    Mike Montgomery
    Clan Montgomery Society , International

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PiperOfThePlains View Post
    Thank you all for your kind words. t_challa, I designed the tartan using my knowledge of weaving, then used a digital designer to finally complete the design. I sent my design to Matt Newsome, if I may, the "Gucci" of kilts, in May of 2013. Matt then sent it off the Selkirk's D.C. Dagliesh artisan weavers, who wove only 6 yards, just for me. Unfortunately, Dagliesh takes the month of August off for summer break; leaving my tartan to be woven in September. Matt eventually received the yardage, leaving me to wait for many more months, until finally being completed into my kilt on the 14th of June, 2014. Of course, I had been quite anxious in waiting for it, as it is certainly a most amazing feat. To my great disadvantage, I left for church camp on 7:30 A.M., Monday, the 16th, on the very day my kilt came in the mail. Needless to say, aside from the slight fear of running out of Gatorade and socks, it was always on my mind. (Cue Willie Nelson.)

I don't think I should be able to thank Matt for what he did for me. Certainly, he went out of his way many times, and over above at that.
    Thanks for letting me know. You've inspired me to design my own tartan. Is there a reason behind the colours you chose? (apart from the fact that they look amazing and compliment each other very well).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite the achievement, indeed. Very nice tartan. Well done! I know that on Xmarks you're not supposed to say when you don't like something but, here goes nothing. Not so keen on the outfit. I would change the hose and get rid of the big feather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    t_challa, as the name "Langehennig" is German, I chose to incorporate the colours of the new and old German flag.

As for my outfit, I decided to wear my very best everything for my first time putting my heirloom on.

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to PiperOfThePlains For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    t_challa, as the name "Langehennig" is German, I chose to incorporate the colours of the new and old German flag.
    That's excellent. As I said, you've inspired me to create my own tartan. I'm going to try and figure out a way to combine the flag colours of Trinidad (where my mum is from), Jamaica (where my dad is from) and the UK. Should be interesting.

And I love the outfit. Very dashing

10. The Following User Says 'Aye' to t_challa For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great tartan and lovely kilt!

I think the outfit looks good and don't mind the diced hose but I agree with BCAC that you should lose the feather. Unless you're a Scottish Armiger or it is being worn as part of a uniform it looks uncouth.

I think your kilt is not being worn too high. It is at a good length.
    Natan Easbaig Mac Dhòmhnaill, FSA Scot
    Past High Commissioner, Clan Donald Canada
    “Yet still the blood is strong, the heart is Highland, And we, in dreams, behold the Hebrides.” - The Canadian Boat Song.

12. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Nathan For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of your kind words are too much! After all, it was not I, but Matt who made the kilt!

I had only been home about fifteen minutes after a weeks, had never worn the hidden buckle before, and my RD vest has apparently shrunken, so I was rather uncomfortable. It's a splendid length, and I shall enjoy wearing it for years to come!

Bob C is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    The beautiful Catskill Mountains of Upstate New York
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of the County Down tartan.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	down_county.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	20633
    Virtus Ad Aethera Tendit