X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: Scottish Exodus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scottish Exodus

I seem to have caused some ripples over my comments on another thread concerning a certain popular series of books.

So, perhaps I can make some amends by mentioning a book that I did enjoy reading and which has relevance to Scots in Scotland as well as those with Scots ancestry who now reside elsewhere, whether in Europe, Canada, Australia, South Africa and other countries.

'Scottish Exodus - Travels Among a Worldwide Clan' by James Hunter can be purchased in traditional hard copy or for e-readers. It concerns the MacLeods but could equally apply to many other families/clans.

The author went around the world interviewing people who have MacLeod ancestry and ascertaining where their ancestors came from, the circumstances that led to them moving to the 'new world' as well as the many challenges that they were to face.

2. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Ron Abbott For This Useful Post:

georgeetta is offline Registration terminated at the member's request
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started reading john prebble books later Mackie and others form college up ..

now the appin murder and highland regts by ian maculloch .

a particular ..macloed had a ca. 1790 autobiography about his life as a soldier and was about 100 yr sold he said ..

another book is ..a soldier who went thru French indian war as a career ..saw mnay things ..

alos ..rolls of soldiers where and when helps ..

it all helps

th
    d