X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victory is mine!

I'm in a bit of a rush for the next few days, but I couldn't resist a quick post. I got my MacLeod tartan Philabeg from USA Kilts last weekend and today my carhardt Victory arrived. Rocky has exceeded my expectations once again!

A photo will have to wait, but I wanted to take a minute and offer a little public praise to Rocky and Kelly for yet another demonstration of their superb craftsmanship. This kilt will be my woodshop kilt and it should easily stand-up to the abuse. I had been well on my way towards ordering a Utilikilt Workman when I came across USA's Victory. For my purposes, there was no choice between the two. The Victory gives me the pockets I need (and I went for the matching sporran as well), but without the trade pocket saddlebags I'd have been stuck with on the Utilikilt. No doubt a great design for carpenters, electricians and the guy who wants a room temperature 6-pack, but pointless for the cabinet maker. And true to my Scottish heritage, I got what I really wanted for a lot less money!

Thanks, Rocky, for a quick turn around, accurate sizing and offering such a slick, functional kilt.

Sean

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sean,

Glad to hear all this great kilt news. Anytime a new kilt arrives, I can feel the excitement. That's great that you now have victory
    Glen McGuire

A Life Lived in Fear, Is a Life Half Lived.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everytime I hear someone received a new kilt, it gets me shopping for another kilt....

Slainte,

Tobie

Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know what you mean Tobie, mine is only a day old and I'm thinking about the next.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the Victory kilt Sean. I'm looking forward to seeing pics.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that doesn't like the "saddlebags" on the sides of the utilikilt. I'm sure we'll get cussed out for that one later.

Graham - I thought I was the only one planning my next purchase right after mine arrived.

Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Rufus, I'm just as hooked as you are.
    I was interested in Sean's comments about the saddlebags, I assumed they were detachable.

The Victory Kilt is an alternative to the Workmans kilt that I'd not considered, IF I ever think about a non tartan kilt it might be worth a look.

Rocky, or anyone, what is the fabric? how heavy, what are it's qualities?
    Will a black become available?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham
    In your line of work I'd think batik or tie dye would be better. It would help hide the paint spatters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No way Bubba, I'm not as brave as Hamish with kilts like that. Anyway, I wouldn't paint in a kilt, not even as old one, I have too much respect for them. That's why I keep shorts handy, i don't care what happens to bifurcates!

I got some funny looks today tho', I was scraping lettering off a bank window in the main street, I had my dustcoat on, but the kilt showed underneath.

My customers are really beginning to wonder about me, but who cares.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My customers are really beginning to wonder about me, but who cares.
    Y'know, an idea occurred to me. When guys ask questions about the kilt just tell em pants wreck sexual performance and kilts don't because in a kilt the equipment doesn't overheat. You're just taking good care of the machinery. Put in those terms I bet alot more guys would be getting kilts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rocky, or anyone, what is the fabric? how heavy, what are it's qualities?
    Graham,

The material IS Carhardt tan. We found it in a warehouse "down by the river" and purchased about 200 yards strictly for the Victory kilts. (Thank you Chris Farley)

If you hit any store that carries work-related pants and jackets, you'll find the Carhardt brand. Look at the caramel colored stuff... give it a good "once over"... and order a Victory Kilt.

They're not nearly as heavy on the hips as the Utilikilt. They're not nearly as bulky. They're disigned with function and movement in mind. They won't have you looking to re-mortgage your house in order to afford one.
    Arise. Kill. Eat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast