X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mel1721L is offline Registration terminated at the member's request
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil View Post
    I totally get it. My mother's side is Scottish and English. My father as well didn't give me anything and I totally agree with yIur statement
    My father died 2 weeks before I moved to Spain which was nice of him. ith:My mother re married after my parents divorced. Both died within 24 hours of each other which is a bit of a weird coincidence. (Both husbands that is.)
    Last edited by Mel1721L; 21st August 14 at 12:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dad turned 80yo this past weekend (catching up with mom who is several months older). Dad always claims that he is married to an "old" woman. Now mom is married to an "old" man. LOL Married 61 years and arguing at least 62 years according to my aunts and uncles. Perhaps they just argue to make up. LOL. Something must be working right; I guess.

Hope everyone here finds the right person with whom to argue and make up.

Tom
    "Life may have its problems, but it is the best thing they have come up with so far." Neil Simon, Last of the Red Hot Lovers, Act 3. "Ob la di, Ob la da. Life goes on. Braaa. La la how the life goes on." Beatles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mel,

Sorry to take so long answering you about an interest in Druidry. I somehow missed that message. I am interested as a historian and a person who is interested in all forms of religious expression. I constantly want to learn more of other people's faiths so that I can be a better friend with them and know better what I really believe.
    I have always believed that the Divine Being or Beings want faith. Humans had to go and muck up faith and turn it into religion. Not the same thing at all.

Anyway, have a good day. And, by the way, how did your elevation go?

Tom
    "Life may have its problems, but it is the best thing they have come up with so far." Neil Simon, Last of the Red Hot Lovers, Act 3. "Ob la di, Ob la da. Life goes on. Braaa. La la how the life goes on." Beatles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mel,

That was supposed to read, "other people's faiths..."

Tom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiltedtom View Post
    My dad turned 80yo this past weekend (catching up with mom who is several months older). Dad always claims that he is married to an "old" woman. Now mom is married to an "old" man. LOL Married 61 years and arguing at least 62 years according to my aunts and uncles. Perhaps they just argue to make up. LOL. Something must be working right; I guess.

Hope everyone here finds the right person with whom to argue and make up.

Tom
    That's nice. My wife is 17 years younger than me. We met when I was 44. I say it's a good job we never me when I was 24! She keeps me young, but now she's nearly the same age as me when we met.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mel,

Sorry to take so long answering you about an interest in Druidry. I somehow missed that message. I am interested as a historian and a person who is interested in all forms of religious expression. I constantly want to learn more of other people's faiths so that I can be a better friend with them and know better what I really believe.
    I have always believed that the Divine Being or Beings want faith. Humans had to go and muck up faith and turn it into religion. Not the same thing at all.

Anyway, have a good day. And, by the way, how did your elevation go?

Tom
    Hi Tom,

I wouldn't say contempory Druidry is a religion. There are both pagan and christian druids. I am drawn to the Norse gods above the Celtic deities because that was where I was first drawn. However I now mix the two, although it's complicated because some Celtic gods are Irish and some
    are Welsh. Then some are local rather than universal.

I was made an Ovate yesterday, it'll be a year or so before I begin the last level to Druid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mel,

Thanks for the explanation and congratulations on becoming an Ovate.

Tom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mel,

Thanks for the explanation and congratulations on becoming an Ovate.

Tom
    Thank you, for myself, I'm going to repeat both courses.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345