X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please somebody, where is the quaich? There have been no photos since the lads in Ontario did the right thing on 5th of June, over 4 months ago
    Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it. Harry (Breaker) Harbord Morant - Bushveldt Carbineers

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Quaich is here with me. She came back just after Kilt Kamp.
    We have only on person wanting to host her and that is not until the new year.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Steve, I would have thought that there would have been more interest than there has been, especially after he rinaugural worldwide outing. Shame really. Cheers and thanks for keeping her safe for those that want to share the spirit of the quaich.
    Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it. Harry (Breaker) Harbord Morant - Bushveldt Carbineers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very much looking forward to hosting it in 2015 I have lots of events planned. Burns nights and also some great trips planned for good picture opportunities. If knobody else has requested can I confirm my dates for end of December to end of January, this way I can plan an xmarks meet up aswell? Don't want to tread on anyone's plans but she is at rest anyway?...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally Gazbot, I am thrilled that you have stepped up to host the quaich. There seems to be a loss of interest in one of the symbols of the forum. I hosted it on its maiden voyage around the world and had a great time sharing it with others. All I can say is, good for you mate and I look forward to your postings of its adventures in your neck of the woods. Cheers.

6. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Downunder Kilt For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Down Under Kilt,

Thank you. Really exited about it. Will post the pictures as soon as they have been taken, watch this space.
    I will also try to drum up some interest in the UK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Steve Ashton,

I would like to host the quaich for my going away party prior to 01 November 2014.

I am shipping out for BCT at Fort Sill, Oklahoma in 03 November 2014.

Many thanks, Steve. Thank you to all of our US and allied veterans for their service. Soon I shall be able to call you all brothers and sisters in arms.

Hooah.
    The Official [BREN]

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to TheOfficialBren For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O would be happy to host it in the uk at some point I do a lot of shows and like taking and posting pics so would make good use of it .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Downunder Kilt View Post
    Please somebody, where is the quaich? There have been no photos since the lads in Ontario did the right thing on 5th of June, over 4 months ago
    As you can discern from my posts above, I had requested to host the quaich for an event last month where several members of the rabble gathered, but sadly, that never materialised.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do hope that interest in hosting the quaich can be stimulated, perhaps some of our members who have never seen the quaich would be interested.
    I was privileged to attend a kilt night in Victoria BC and to drink from the Quaich before it set off on its first world tour in March 2011, and then to host the quaich here in Scotland during its travels, and then to be back in Victoria for their Highland Games in May 2012 to welcome the Quaich home with another celebratory sip of whisky. So having met the quaich three times I feel that I have already had more than my fair share of the quaich and would like to see the quaich introduced to more of our membership.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast