X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: Media Release

Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Media Release

Wasn't sure whether this should go here or under kilt nights, but i wanted to run this past you all, if I have any facts wrong, please tell me - quick!

Media Release
    Bravehearts Tasmania were formed to celebrate and promote all things celtic, particularly the raising of awareness of the tartan kilt as a masculine garment rather than merely a National costume for special occasions. Bravehearts advocate the kilt for absolute comfort and men’s health.

Bravehearts Tasmania also hopes to promote the recognition of National Tartan Day.
    National Tartan Day

National Tartan Day on 1 July in the Aust. & NZ commemorates the signing of the Declaration of Arbroath in 1320 which was written and signed in the ancient Angus town of Arbroath, in a 12th century red sandstone Abbey on 6 April 1320. The three Estates of Scotland had a meeting from which emerged the famous independence declaration to which the town has given its name - the Declaration of Arbroath, formerly called the Declaration of Scottish Independence.

It is the best known of Scotlands' treasures and is famous the world over. The Declaration is a letter from the earls and barons of Scotland to the Pope, asking him to recognise Scotland's independence and acknowledge Robert the Bruce as the country's lawful king.

National Tartan Day celebrates the existing and historical links between Scotland and Australia as well as the contribution the celtic nations, including Ireland and Wales have made to our Australian way of life.

Bravehearts Tasmania will be hosting a dinner on July 3rd to celebrate the day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks pretty good Graham, better than I could do.

Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That WAS quick, I can see you heading for 2000! thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the time I hit 2000 you'll be at 60000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job Graham! Way to spread the word.
    Nelson
    "Every man dies. Not every man really lives"
    Braveheart

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done, Graham. I presume you'll be adding contact details?
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks lads,
    yes Hamish, of course!

I also made a large banner (us signwriters can do that sort of thing!!!!!) which I plan to place on the highway tomorrow to promote tartan Day and bravehearts.

We've had an interesting time, tonight I got a few members of our group to come round kilted, a local newspaper photographer came round to do a photo shoot for a feature to work in conjunction with National Tartan Day here.

This will mean some good exposure for our group specifically and kilted celts generally.

I see tonight in some ways as a milestone. We shall now and forever be seen by thousands of people as men in kilts.
    It feels like a point of no return, a total committment.

It's exciting, liberating and wonderful.

It seems that tartan day will be the official birthday of kilting in Tasmania, so wish us happy birthday on July 1.

Hey, I may wear a kilt for the occassion!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go Graham, and way to go on post 1400!
    Glen McGuire

A Life Lived in Fear, Is a Life Half Lived.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graham,

Quality writing with no fluff. To the point and concise.

Make sure to have Hank and the XMarks kiltmakers plop some sort of a link on their sites for you.
    Arise. Kill. Eat.