X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Press Interview

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Hamish, I'll be looking forward to seeing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish
    Nigel (he of IMFF.NET) has offered to scan the article and post it on his website, so I'll be snail-mailing a copy of the paper to him. Watch this space for a link to it - maybe by the weekend.
    Hamish-
    I would love to post that here too. You think Nigel would send me a copy for this site? Thanks.
    Beannacht Dé,
    Hank
    "...it's the ocean following in our veins, cause its the salt thats in our tears..."

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by highlandtide
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish
    Nigel (he of IMFF.NET) has offered to scan the article and post it on his website, so I'll be snail-mailing a copy of the paper to him. Watch this space for a link to it - maybe by the weekend.
    Hamish-
    I would love to post that here too. You think Nigel would send me a copy for this site? Thanks.
    Hank, I THINK we should see how the article reads first, if you don't mind! It could be that there is a mention of the s---t word. Although I did ask the reporter that we should not go down that route, I somehow have never been able to trust them implicitly.
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gotcha! I will leave it to your discretion.
    Beannacht Dé,
    Hank
    "...it's the ocean following in our veins, cause its the salt thats in our tears..."

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by highlandtide
    I gotcha! I will leave it to your discretion.
    The article appeared this morning, and I think it will be alright for this site too!!

Actually, I have been given very nearly the entire paper! There is a 1/3 front page photo, an Editor's Column comment, and an entire centre-fold, double page spread consisting of the interview (with additional comments by Howie Nicholsby of "TFCK") and ..... 20 more photos!!!

This also received more than one mention on BBC Southern Counties Radio this morning! One suggested that I was not 'on-air' today because I was probably too busy with my Agent arranging my next catwalk show!!! 8) 8) 8)
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for you Hamish, I hope we will all be able to see the article.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll second that! It sounds like a great article.
    Nelson
    "Every man dies. Not every man really lives"
    Braveheart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hamish,

The article sounds wonderful, I know that your humility and zeal for the kilt wearing community will show that we as kilt wearers are not the "weirdos" some people make us out to be. I am honored to be on the same forum as you!

CONGRATULATIONS
    Glen McGuire

A Life Lived in Fear, Is a Life Half Lived.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, my friends, but the proof of the pie is in the eating! All I did was to answer the questions posed.

I was surprised, in this day and age, that the interview was recorded by the reporter in shorthand - I am not surprised, therefore, to find that the printed article does not contain my exact words, but rather words approximating to those I used at the time!

Interestingly, I was at a supermarket today in Horsham - not a town within the circulation area of the "Argus" newspaper - where two members of the Staff, and three members of the public made comments to me indicating that they had seen the article and photographs. All were very positive and complimentary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the new fame, you will need to buy a new pen to sign autograph with.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast