X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

August Last Tuesday Kilted Night Out - Portland Oregon

It is that time again Folks - the Last Tuesday Kilted Night Out.

This month, August of 2014, it will take place on Tuesday the 26th at 7:30pm, at the usual location, The Horse Brass Pub, at 4534 SE Belmont Street, on the east side of the Portland metro area. It's easy to access off of I-205 or I-84, so just Goggle Map it. Some parking is located in the lot just behind the Pub, or street parking is available.

If you have joined us in the past nine months we've been meeting up, you will know that the conversations are lively, the food ( I personally recommend the Fish N Chips ) is good, and for those that partake in a glass or two, the choices are many ( the ice tea is good also....). This pub has grown accustomed to a group of kilted showing up on the last Tuesday of the month, and the last time our waitress even sported a tartan. Come down, one and all, and join us for a few hours of friendship. Meet new kilted ( male, female, traditional, modern and utility type of all description ) and even a few pipers show up now and then ( you know who you are....).

So, here is your invite....join us.....7:30p....August 26th.....Horse Brass Pub.....

Please mark you calendar ( it's less than a week now so you have notice ) and for those here at XMTS, please post and let us know you're coming.

Looking forward to seeing you all, and especially those that haven't joined us before.......come on down......

Hawk

( note - There have been a few that have had some interesting journeys this summer so far, and I'm sure there will be some interesting stories to be told....)
    Shawnee / Anishinabe and Clan Colquhoun

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Hawk For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to it.
    Studies have shown that women who gain a few pounds live longer than men who mention it.

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Rick Y For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I are looking forward to it, Hawk. I will be easy to spot, just look for the awkward, nervous guy wearing a kilt for the first time in public.

6. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Doug D For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't been out of Vancoover in a while. Count me in.
    Cheers!
    Bob

8. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to ratspike For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doug and Bob, the more the merrier. Our Kilt Night Out should be all inclusive, as everyone is welcome.....

We've got some new folks in the area now, within a 100 mile radius, and some that have not decided to join us here on XMTS, but still read these posts as "guests" of the site. I am extending a open welcome to have you all reading this join us at the Last Tuesday Kilted Night Out. You will find the group diverse from a traditional type kilt, to modern kilts and utility type kilts......ALL are welcome, we make this very clear. The conversations vary and are at the very least "interesting" and sometimes beyond entertaining. Come down and join us, as one thing is certain, we all appreciate the kilt, in all it's forms.

So those down in Salem, those up the Gorge, those in eastern Oregon ( Rick and others ), those north of the mighty Columbia in Washington State and those toward the coast, come on down and join us at the Horse Brass Pub.....

If you can, like Rick, Doug and Bob, let us know how many to expect so we can give the heads-up to the staff......

See you on Tuesday!

Hawk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, one and all.....tomorrow is the Last Tuesday Kilted Night Out.....Horse Brass Pub....

I believe we will have some guests that have not attended before and it should be a lively evening of food, conversation and of course, the occasional kilt.....

7:30pm is the time.....see you there.....

Hawk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok local Kilted that didn't make it this evening to the Last Tuesday Kilted Night Out...
    we had eight attend tonight, ALL kilted, and good conversation and food/drinks was had by all......

The following was a quick snapshot before we all departed and we missed Bob (Ratspike) that also made it this time. Well done Bob, we all look forward to seeing you more as fall comes around. (BTW - Bob even attended this evening kilted while riding in on his motorcycle!) In the photo, from left to right....Leslie, Sarah, Rob, Doug D, Ric, Ric's mom - Dana, and Hawk.

We hope to see you all, even those we missed this time (6-10 others) next month on the 30th of September at 7:30p....mark your calendars now....

Hawk
    Last edited by Hawk; 26th August 14 at 10:54 PM.

12. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Hawk For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I had to run, but work was calling. I had a fabulous time.

Doug, if the x kilt catches Rob's fancy let him know that I'm happy to lend a hand if he'd like some help. He can email me at sweatshop@gryphonworkshop.com
    Cheers!
    Bob

14. The Following User Says 'Aye' to ratspike For This Useful Post: