X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was gonna post abotu this myself. Guess we'll have to wait for Sky to buy in...
    Martin.
    AKA - The Scouter in a Kilt.
    Proud, but homesick, son of Skye.
    Member of the Clan MacLeod Society (Scotland)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, so obviously it's not a smash hit that everybody is talking about and every 19 year old girl is madly in love with the Hero etc. etc. etc. I suspected as much. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieR View Post
    Yes, the books are available. Sadly the tv show is not!
    I have an app on my android (DroidTV) that will download quite a few TV shows. It does require a subscription, but it doesn't need to be on the internet when playing. Outlander is available I watched the latest episode on my commute home tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan H View Post
    OK, so obviously it's not a smash hit that everybody is talking about and every 19 year old girl is madly in love with the Hero etc. etc. etc. I suspected as much. Thanks!
    Thank goodness they are not trying to script the show to attract only 19 year old girls. My experience is that the genre intended for the youthful audience (male and female) frequently is vacuous and has little depth of appeal for me. As for the show being a smash hit .... who knows what will happen with it. As it is, folks in Scotland have to jump through a lot of hoops to watch it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry1948 View Post
    Thank goodness they are not trying to script the show to attract only 19 year old girls.
    The scripting of the show is straight from the books, which were never intended as teen romance/fantasy material. While the books were deep into historical fiction and heavy on the romance angle, they possessed enough depth and complexity to ward off most typical teens/tweens. I, too, had an early concern that this show would be diluted into the same territory as, say, the Twilight series. Thankfully, however, they have stayed close to the feel and complexity of the books. There is some very disturbing 'adult' content coming soon in the story, though, and I'm curious how they are going to handle it in the television adaptation.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I have been very happy with the treatment of the books in the TV series so far. This past week's episode was really well done. The cast seems to really be finding itself.
    Kilted Teacher and Wilderness Ranger and proud member of Clan Donald, USA
    Happy patron of Jack of the Wood Celtic Pub and Highland Brewery in beautiful, walkable, and very kilt-friendly Asheville, NC.
    New home of Sierra Nevada AND New Belgium breweries!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12