X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up A few issues but overall satisified.

I have had a few bumps ordering from the Celtic Croft, but the staff really try to go out of there way to resolve them and the quality of the merchandise is quite nice. I was unable to get alot of the things I originally ordered but I am still generally happy that the staff found alternatives and tried so hard to fix the problems that occurred multiple times with my orders. I strongly believe even with the delay it is better to support the small local businesses rather than large mega corp sites like amazon and I will order again from the Celtic Croft in the future.
    Last edited by GaelicBoston78; 13th September 14 at 09:07 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to GaelicBoston78 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel for your frustration. Loon Mountain is still a week away, however, so you have time. Either be patient and work with Celtic Croft or cancel your order to go with Stillwater Kilts, who are known for the extreme speed of their logistics.

Just so you know, you don't need to wear special shoes or shirt to go with your kilt. Usually I just wear a pair of regular brogues/wingtips. A normal button up shirt is fine and you could add a jumper/sweater if its chilly. Apart from the kilt, all you really need is a sporran, some hose, and maybe some flashes to hold your hose up (elastic bands will do in a pinch). The Celtic Croft should at least have those in stock. Here's a pic of me dressed casually:

I'd also like to point out that this saga isn't over and you are already posting negative feedback here for everyone to read. That sounds like what ill.Gates calls The Hammer, except that he usually targets it towards large corporations...

The Celtic Croft is a small business and, while that doesn't excuse them from the snafu, I would cut them some slack. Hopefully they will find some way to make it up to you. Problems are bound to happen, so it is more important how a company deals with them. Besides, ordering things online is often complicated by a variety of factors, many of which are not transparent to the consumer, so I never expect "immediate" service....

*edit* it looks like the OP has redacted his original comments. Hopefully things are being sorted out!
    Last edited by CMcG; 13th September 14 at 10:06 AM.
    - Justitia et fortitudo invincibilia sunt
    - An t'arm breac dearg

4. The Following 4 Users say 'Aye' to CMcG For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The customer service at Celtic Croft is second to none. I ordered my Balmoral bonnet, based on their sizing chart, and it was too tight. When I contacted them about it, they sent me another one, a half size larger (which fits perfectly) and a pre-paid package to return the first one to them. I've ordered all my kilt hose are from them, as well. Just like you, GaelicBosten78, I prefer to patronize small, local businesses whenever I can.
    Allen Sinclair, FSA Scot
    Eastern Region Vice President
    North Carolina Commissioner
    Clan Sinclair Association (USA)

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to ASinclair For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things started out really rocky with this company, I had all but given up hope that things would be fixed, but I must say that they trully have gone above and beyond to resolve the outstanding issues, and I am happy with the outcome! Excellent job Celtic Croft!

8. The Following 4 Users say 'Aye' to GaelicBoston78 For This Useful Post: