X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

September Last Tuesday Kilted Night Out - Portland Oregon

Well, it's that time again folks - Septembers Last Tuesday Kilted Night Out is less than a week away, on Tuesday the 30th!

We'll be meeting, as usual, at the Horse Brass Pub on Belmont in Portland at 7:30p.

Everyone come on down for a visit.......

Hawk
    Shawnee / Anishinabe and Clan Colquhoun

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Hawk For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello......echo......hello, is there anyone out there? Thanks for the Aye, Doug D....whom else is planning on attending.....Victoria, Capt Mac, Bob ( hoping so as we'd like to see your tartan kilt this time....), Douglas Mor, Rick Y, any and all of our regulars, how about the Salem folks?

Hawk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hawk, I hope to be there but a bit of a bug going around our home so I'm taking a wait and hope approach. Not very optimistic though.
    Studies have shown that women who gain a few pounds live longer than men who mention it.

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Rick Y For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Hawk and the rest of the Portland contingent,

Penny and I recently returned from our five month trip to the UK/Scotland and were interested how things were developing with the group. If we can attend the Tuesday night event we shall, bearing good tidings from Scotland. We made Stirling for the 700-year anniversary of the Battle of Bannockburn and the attendant re-enactment. Three weeks of the trip were spent in Stirling and allowed us to visit with an acquaintance from our 2010 visit, Alex, of of the crew at the Wallace Monument. To see Alex and information on the monument Google "Wallace Monument."

Our friends from Sandwich spent the anniversary week with us in Stirling and whilst walking the town found a proper kilt for sale in a charity shop window. The price was was £40.00 and it fit perfectly. Even better was the tartan, which was Bruce Memorial. What a find for the celebration of Robert the Bruce's victory over the English.

Once back we also ran over to Colorado for the Estes Park Highland Games. Further details on these kilted travels available at the Horse Brass, if interested.

Best regards, and here's hoping we can all get together,

Ryc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To all in the area, we are having our Last Tuesday Kilted Night Out, tomorrow the 30th of September at 7:30p, at the Horse Brass Pub.

Everyone come down......and Ryc, I hope you and your wife do make it, along with our new friends from Hood River, and the rest of the Vancouver/Portland/Salem crew....

See you all tomorrow!

Hawk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Photos from tonight, as we had some leave before a photo, here's a taste of who attended out of the ten folks that were there....

BTW - Welcome back from months of journey, to Ryc and Penny, which traveled by land, sea and air, to Scotland, Wales, Ireland(?) and two major Highland Games here in the States.....saw some of the photos and we look forward to your own thread sharing some more. ( my apologies to Ryc, it was late when I first posted this and I called him Doug, although I'm sure Doug would of loved to of gone on the trip, I'm sure Penny would of objected...LOL)

Hawk

I'm hoping to get all the names right, so if not, please correct me....
    Left to Right: Leslie, Doug D, Unknown (can't remember), Ryc and Hawk.
    Not in photo, but still there when we took the snapshot: Sarah and Rob, and Penny.
    Last edited by Hawk; 1st October 14 at 10:30 AM.

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Hawk For This Useful Post: