X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: Tartan Shawl

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tartan Shawl

Many thanks to Rocky and crew for getting a MacPhail tartan shawl out to me in record time. You guys are awesome.

I bought it for my mother to wear when we attend the Stone Mountain Highland games this coming weekend - our MacPhail heritage comes down through her.
    Craig Jones
    ---
    It’s a lang road that’s no goat a turnin

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My good Creag, My wife is related to many MacPhails here in Mississippi. I would love for her to see the shawl warming your mother's shoulders at the Stone Mountain games. Please don't forget at least one photo of her in your future post. My wife's maiden name is Dollarhide if there is a question from relatives here in MS. You know how people are about finding "who is connected to whom" in the South.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
    My good Creag, My wife is related to many MacPhails here in Mississippi. I would love for her to see the shawl warming your mother's shoulders at the Stone Mountain games. Please don't forget at least one photo of her in your future post. My wife's maiden name is Dollarhide if there is a question from relatives here in MS. You know how people are about finding "who is connected to whom" in the South.
    Tarheel - My parents are both native Mississippians, from down around Prentiss. I grew up in Picayune, Carson, and Columbia. I've begun looking into our genealogy, and haven't come across any Dollarhides. I have not looked at it in a while, but I'll pull out the MacPhail line I have and PM it to you. We might find some common threads.

And we'll definitely be posting pics. My first kilt is in the Jones tartan, and my older brother has a MacPhail Red.

And I do, indeed, know how Southerners are about connections. I learned long ago, when my mom asks if I know someone, not to answer "no" unless I am truly interested and have a good bit of time on my hands. :-)
    Craig Jones
    ---
    It’s a lang road that’s no goat a turnin