X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rocky,
    You may want to check the front page "Spotlight Listings" ... I just took a quick look at the site and noted that the Pub Package has a price showing of $0.00. I think we'll all take one at that price. <wink>

I didn't spend much time on the site but did note a lot of the pages are slow to load on a PC running Firefox. That may be due to setting new cookies, so I'll be back later to wring it out a little better.
    "Simplify, and add lightness" -- Colin Chapman

3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
    A total mess on Opera 12.17. No way I could shop using Opera. Using Firefox 33 things are a lot better. When looking at kilt options using Firefox, and when I click on Quick View, a not very useful frame, or whatever it's called opens that to me isn't very helpful. When I actually click on the picture of the kilt I get something looking like the old format. However, after doing that, and beginning to look at tartan images, the tartans appearing down the right side of he columns are cut off, and it isn't evident until scrolling all the way to the bottom that there is a slider that allows scrolling to the right so the last row can be fully seen. A slider at the top would be convenient, and perhaps a notice that one will have to use the slider to see everything would be helpful.
    Not sure about the Opera thing... will try looking into it. We've been testing the site on Firefox, Chrome and IE as the 'big 3' browsers out there that cover the broadest customer base.

About the galleries... don't think it'll be possible to put a right / left slider at the top without a LOT of hacking from our Dev team (though I did think it was a good idea). Since the tartan galleries will eventually go away (fingers crossed) and be replaced with a "Tartan Picker" device that we'll have to build, it will eventually become a moot point.

Great observations though! Keep 'em coming!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronCat View Post
    Hi Rocky,
    You may want to check the front page "Spotlight Listings" ... I just took a quick look at the site and noted that the Pub Package has a price showing of $0.00. I think we'll all take one at that price. <wink>

I didn't spend much time on the site but did note a lot of the pages are slow to load on a PC running Firefox. That may be due to setting new cookies, so I'll be back later to wring it out a little better.
    Site loading slow - Yup. We're on that one. We're re-configuring the server, cleaning other bits up, etc. It's (slowly) improving in speed. SHOULD be much better by middle of next week or so.

Casual Package $0.00 - Yup. We're on that as well. It natively shows the "configured" price on the category level, so we have them fixing it to read "Price Starts At $X.XX".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tundramanq View Post
    No description under the Glyndwr PV tartan.
    I have to hide my credit card before prowling your site Looks good!
    This "Glyndwr" only listed in the Casual tartan selection. It is not listed at all in the "main" PV tartan selection page.
    slàinte mhath, Chuck
    Originally Posted by MeghanWalker,In answer to Goodgirlgoneplaids challenge:
    "My sporran is bigger and hairier than your sporran"
    Pants is only a present tense verb here. I once panted, but it's all cool now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rocky, just got home from work and decided to check it here at home on my wifi.
    the same problem with the description of the tartan while in landscape (horizontal) mode, but when I turn the iPad to vertical mode, the description looks fine and I can see all of the words ( not cut off ).

Hawk
    Shawnee / Anishinabe and Clan Colquhoun

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew there was a reason I should get an iPad, too...let the jonesing begin on this one Thank you, Hawk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "I forgot my password" link doesn't seem to be working. I tried on both the latest version of Chrome and IE on a Windows 7 machine. I'm at work, but I run the firewalls, so I'm not blocking the traffic.
    -Jonathan

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Godot View Post
    The "I forgot my password" link doesn't seem to be working. I tried on both the latest version of Chrome and IE on a Windows 7 machine. I'm at work, but I run the firewalls, so I'm not blocking the traffic.
    Whoops! I see that now. I'll add it to our bug list.

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to RockyR For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I am using the new Chrome and I was dreaming about a Pub Package, and wanting to see what options there were and piece it together. But the different steps would not open up to allow me to see anything at all. Just wanted to let you know that this issue was going on for me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochaber19 View Post
    So I am using the new Chrome and I was dreaming about a Pub Package, and wanting to see what options there were and piece it together. But the different steps would not open up to allow me to see anything at all. Just wanted to let you know that this issue was going on for me.
    Could you try it again for me? I think our web guy was performing maintenance last night. I tested both pub packages and they work fine for me.

Is anyone else having issues with either of these 2 pages:

http://www.usakilts.com/casual-pub-pkg.html

http://www.usakilts.com/pub-package.html

Also, as a note / test, we made some improvements to our server which appear to have speeded things up a bit. Please let me know if any page takes more than 8 seconds to load for anyone (most should take 3 to 6 seconds max).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast