X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kilting in the snow

What a wonderful day we had, back to the mountains I love, which were covered in a thick blanket of snow. I was really looking forward to the experience in a kilt.

What fun it was! it was not a really cold day in spite of the snow, a lake I love to visit called Wombat Pool was frozen over.
    One fellow visitor to the park said 'nice to see a guy in a kilt' most others said 'aren't you COLD???' or similar incredulous remarks.

I felt great, i was more confident that ever and feeling as fantastic as the scenery.
    Afterwards we visited the Cradle lodge (don't get excited Doc, not THAT kind of Lodge) for a cuppa near the warm fire.

It was a good day in the park, no furry animals were beaten to death and no one was shot.

I can truthfully say now more than ever that i enjoy kilts even more and think about what others say even less.
    It's a nice place to be.

I've uploaded some photos of the day for your personal pleasure!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once again Great pic's Graham.

Did people ask you if you were cold because you only have a t-shirt on in some of the pic's. Or was it the kilt

By the way. That you call a thick blanket wouldn't warrent me starting up the snow blower

It's nice to see the snow on the landscape It's one of the things I like about Norway. We are lucky to live in such area's of the world
    All the Best.....David.
    Why be part of the crowd Choose a Freelander Sporran
    A Member of the Caledonian Society of Norway
    My Photo Gallery Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graham,

I want to repeat the response of thick blanket, what is a light blanket? Only wishing that this dry heat we are having here was greeted with something like that. Great pictures! Makes me wish I was down there hiking with ya!
    Glen McGuire

A Life Lived in Fear, Is a Life Half Lived.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graham, Well done with the hike Kilted in the snow. You are very lucky to have such beauty to be able to walk throuhg. I to love the outdoors and hiking, we have some great hiking right out our back door here in British Coloumbia. I plan on heading down unda in the next year or two and I would love to come for a hike with you on your trails. Again I love your photo gallery, great pictures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Kilting in the snow

[quote="Graham"]What a wonderful day we had, back to the mountains I love, which were covered in a thick blanket of snow. I was really looking forward to the experience in a kilt.

Graham.
    While you were up on the mountan did you take some time to wave toward the Cook Islands? I am sure Jane (my sister) was watching.
    Robert"the kilted" Lamb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always great to see pictures of another country but there always seems to be some old bearded guy detracting from the scenery

Keep it up Graham

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once again I must say, what a beautiful and wonderful country you live in.
    Great shots!
    Keep them coming.
    Nelson
    "Every man dies. Not every man really lives"
    Braveheart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graham,
    What a stunningly beautiful country. I hope to see it oneday. And snow, I miss snow on the trees and winter. We do get snow in winter at the top of the mountain, but its above the tree line.

David

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great shots Graham. Here I am sweating in Texas and just looking at snow pic's makes me feel cooler.

Thanks,

RLJ-

Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Freelander, I think the 'are you cold' comments came from the kilt, I was wearing a jumper when not walking and still got the comments. It's the same old misconception that a kilt is cold, even if you have 8 yards of wool around you.

Glen, the snow was much thicker earlier in the week, we would not have driven in without a 4WD and snow chains, but I guess this snow in nothing to what you get in Colorado, or David in Norway.

Robert, I didn't get to the top of the mountain to wave, conditions were harsh so we kept to the lower trails.

Cthulhu, sorry about that showoff in the kilt, I'll keep him out of it in future.

Andrew, if you come over I shall love to show you our lovely state and do some hiking, provided God keeps my strength up for years to come.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast