X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Threaded View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since the "what can we post here..."

OP in Traditional Kilts and how to wear them is now expanding into the forum in general, I'll post here.

DavidLPope posted:

"Historical: This section is for discussing approaches to wearing the kilt from a bygone era—whether accurate, theatrical, or anachronistic.

Traditional: This section is for discussing approaches to wearing the kilt as Scottish Highland attire that has been passed down from generation to generation.

Contemporary: This section is for discussing approaches to wearing the kilt as everyday clothing and/or street wear that privileges personal interpretation."

I like those Titles and Descriptors. They are specific enough for meaining without being dogmatically restrictive. Retaining "General Kilt Talk, Kilts in the Media, Newbie, DYI advice, DIY showroom" - with the advertisers and other quite specific bits (language, music, etc)- should just about do it for the AVERAGE forum contributor and lurker

I can imagine all manner of kilt and accessories discussion within any of them that retain the context of the sub forum. In that particular context, a seperate Accessories forum seems incongruous to the style one means contextually. (eg: If the sporran I'm looking for advice on be my thought of style of historic, traditional or contemporary ....)

My opinion, of course, is based on what I use here at Xmarks but simplicity has its benefits for a forum of Historical, Traditional, and Contemporary kilt wearers (vice combining disparate parts and accessories into an outfit)

Just my opinion late in a work-filled day (happily distracted by XMarks)

2. The Following 10 Users say 'Aye' to Taskr For This Useful Post: