X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @thescot - looking forward to it this year !!
    the Haggis was the best I ever had , wonderful time last year .
    Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any one else going ? just wanted to Bump the thread . @Deil the Yin @tripleblessed

thank you
    Last edited by Thomas H; 19th January 15 at 08:28 AM.
    Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's over far for me to be attending Thomas H, but am pleased your haggis was good last time!

Our local offering is more like salty porridge! Near same colour as well!
    Tackled them about it and they say they get it from the same source each year, so I asked "why?" (!)

All the best,

Richard.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a little bump with the Celtic Tavern's information for anyone needing it:

http://www.celtictavernconyers.com/
    Jim Killman
    Writer, Philosopher, Teacher of English and Math, Soldier of Fortune, Bon Vivant, Heart Transplant Recipient, Knight of St. Andrew (among other knighthoods)
    Freedom is not free, but the US Marine Corps will pay most of your share.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thomas, I will be there. I had already responded to thescot's PM, so hadn't posted. I figured my last-second fill-in Address
    last year had at least a small chance of success by accident; my having never seen one I might come close by mistake.
    This year, though, with only that poor example to go by, we would probably all be doomed, so haven't volunteered.
    Oh, wait, that might explain the PM with directions "to the new location near Chattanooga", not posted to the forum,
    for my eyes only. Actually, no word on whether I've "volunteered" again; but if pressed into service will be honored
    to make the attempt.

Got word to Lamar Britt, he'll be there.
    Last edited by tripleblessed; 21st January 15 at 07:17 AM.

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to tripleblessed For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did I miss something? What time on Sat. night will we be gathering?

Thanks
    LOCH SLOY!
    Cheers, Wil

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typically, the front end is a little nebulous depending on traffic and need for a dram; those who start out early and
    then don't hit much traffic arrive between 5:30 and 6:00. Those shooting for 6:00 and sit for a while on I-285
    or the downtown connector make it by 6:30. This year, those who remember last year's address will come late
    in case it's me again. Jim makes sure the Tavern is well supplied, so maybe there was enough Scotch last year
    that nobody actually heard me, and someone more competent has stepped forward for this year.

The near miss last year on "Tam O'Shanter" being almost too short to cover the getaway during the reiving and
    carousing has inspired me to partially learn several songs ( Ye Bonny Banks and Braes, Ae Fond Kiss, etc.), the
    resulting cacophony should be enough to drive the constabulary to the other end of the county.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mentioned earlier - I'll be there with the Mrs. First time for me and looking forward to it.
    Craig Jones
    ---
    It’s a lang road that’s no goat a turnin

10. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Creag For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we've mentioned before, but for the record: this is a family-oriented place, so you can bring your children with no fear. The cattle reiving and pillaging won't begin until well after the wee bairns' bedtime, so we won't pollute the morals or minds of the little folk.

You can arrive anytime. The place opens at 11:00 AM for lunch, and if you get there around 5:00 - 5:30, you won't be the first one there kilted. And if you are, just have a wee dram and enjoy the place. There's always someone there to talk to.

Bring any favorite poems or songs you'd like to share. If there's a part you want to do call me. I'll be assigning them by Friday anyway. I'll be doing the Immortal Memory this year unless someone else volunteers and convinces me they'd be good at it. Otherwise there's the Selkirk Grace, the Addresss to the Haggis, the Toast to the Lassies and the Lassies' Response. I have candidates for each, but they are still open as of this writing.

Come on, you know you want to. All the kids are doing it.

Any questions, sing out. I look forward to a fun evening.
    Jim Killman
    Writer, Philosopher, Teacher of English and Math, Soldier of Fortune, Bon Vivant, Heart Transplant Recipient, Knight of St. Andrew (among other knighthoods)
    Freedom is not free, but the US Marine Corps will pay most of your share.

12. The Following User Says 'Aye' to thescot For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the mention, Thomas H. My situation this year is pretty dodgy, unfortunately.

I will, undoubtedly, be thinking on all yall fine fellows, and wishing like hell I could at least get a to-go plate! Have to commend Celtic Tavern on the food for the Burns Supper- it is world class! Fo shizzle.

Did I do a reading last year? I caint remember now...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas H View Post
    any one else going ? just wanted to Bump the thread . @Deil the Yin @tripleblessed

thank you
    Here's tae us, Whas like us... Deil the Yin!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast