X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since it is in England, is it possible to hold onto it until the Highland Gatherings in July: Harpenden on the 12th July (St Albans website says Sunday 13th, but the 13th is a Monday) and Ashbourne on the 19th. I would be happy to take it to Ashbourne, but am unlikely to make Harpenden, which, in my opinion, has less of a Scottish element to it than Ashbourne.
    If you are going to do it, do it in a kilt!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tpa. I will gladly hold onto until then and pass to you...unless somebody crops up in the mean time? Thats if Steve and those in the know are happy for it to stay over here until then. It is certainly very safe and I am getting plenty of use out of it. Having trouble uploading the pictures but will get them all up soon......

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to gazbot For This Useful Post:

tpa

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any pictures about? Are they posted elsewhere? If so, where? Just wondering.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Jock Scot For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @gazbot, If it is still in the UK, Ashbourne has been cancelled so it looks like Harpenden would be a good place for the quaich to get to. I may make it down, but it would be safer in some more southern hands that will be definitely there manning the tent. I presume that will be @Chas.
    If you are going to do it, do it in a kilt!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should be going to Harpenden - so look forward to meeting up.
    Best wishes - Harvey.

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to HarveyH For This Useful Post:

tpa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might the Quaich visit Australia?

If the last stop for the Quaich in the UK is Harpenden on 12/7, is there any chance that it might make its way across the Atlantic to Clinton in upper NY state in time for the Kilt Kamp that starts there two weeks later, on 26/7?

Then, if it does come to Kilt Kamp, might I perhaps bring it back to Australia with me, and take it to SCD (Scottish Country Dancing) events and classes in NSW, and to Race Week at Hamilton Island. The final event before I send it on to the next host would be the RSCDS Hunter Valley Branch Ball on September 12.

I look forward to reading the log of its travels since we started it on this odyssey at Kilt Kamp 2013.
    Grizzled Ian
    XMTS teaches much about formal kilt wear, but otherwise,
    ... the kilt is clothes, what you wear with it should be what you find best suits you and your lifestyle. (Anne the Pleater)
    "Sometimes, it is better not to know the facts" (Father Bill)

10. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Grizzled Ian For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next!

Ok folks I am done and just have to upload pics and send on. Who wants it for Harpenden......

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look forward to the pics and hope to make Harpenden.
    [B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="1"]Reverend Earl Trefor the Sublunary of Kesslington under Ox, Venerable Lord Trefor the Unhyphenated of Much Bottom, Sir Trefor the Corpulent of Leighton in the Bucket, Viscount Mcclef the Portable of Kirkby Overblow.

Cymru, Yr Alban, Iwerddon, Cernyw, Ynys Manau a Lydaw am byth! Yng Nghiltiau Ynghyd!
    (Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Cornwall, Isle of Man and Brittany forever - united in the Kilts!)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12