X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Irish National Thrifty Kilt

So I got my first kilt in over 15 years, went with an Irish National Thrifty from SWK. Figured it would be a great jumping off point with St Patrick's right around the corner and several Irish festivals in the area each year as well as being of Irish descent (I know, there's not a lot of historical context for an Irish kilt much farther back than the late 1800's, but hey, I'm an American, we are expected to butcher how we honor our heritage lol).Being my first kilt from SWK I only knew their reputation, especially for shipping speed, but wow I was shocked to have my kilt less than 48 hours after ordering (ordered about 10:30 am Monday and was in my hands 9:30 am Wednesday). For being a $30 kilt, I wasn't sure what to expect quality wise, but I have to say I'm very impressed with the materiel and cut of the kilt; the only complaint I have, and it is no fault of the kilt or SWK, is that the size is a little too large (I was right between sizes so went with the larger), but it's still wearable and if your're a bigger guy it always feels good to know you can go smaller than you thought.All in all, very impressed with the service and quality to price ratio, and look forward to adding several more from SWK in the future (looking at the Black Watch wool Economy right now, alonf with several of the standards and the saffron heavy). Already have one of my brothers looking into a first kilt after seeing mine.I still need to get a wider belt to wear and some socks. Tried to upload some pics but can't get them to upload (jpeg too large I think?). Will update when I figure it out
    Last edited by William O'Cairns; 16th February 15 at 04:13 AM.
    "May your heart always be full, and your glass never empty."
    -Irish Proverb

2. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to William O'Cairns For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good. I'd appreciate a pic of the pleats, if you can.

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to NYClark For This Useful Post: