X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To our members with Earthllink email accounts

If you have an email account with Earthlink and are not getting emails from the forum about new posts to your subscribed threads or new PM's, Please contact me.

It seems that the X Marks admin and webmaster email addresses and their associated IP addresses are being blocked by Earthlink.

I have contacted them about this and they do not seem to think that they are blocking us. Yet I am repeatedly getting messages saying that emails are bouncing back.

So far this applies only to email addresses ending in @earthlink.com and @earthlink.net.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Steve Ashton For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a earthlink account, and yes they are kind of blocked. EarthLink has an automatic spam blocker to keep suspect mail off users computers, your mail goes through, just not directly to the Inbox. The recipient only has to take you off the suspect list.

I have already given X Marks permission.

Thank you for the heads up.
    Bob

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I can say without reservation or fear of contradiction that Earthlink is, at this point, an absolute bloody shambles.

As soon as the FCC makes it's final ruling on TW/CC merger I'll be changing my ISP to somebody else. I've already shifted my mail.

By the way, Steve, can you check to see if my 'posting notifications' for my sub-forum are going to my old earthlink address or my newer customsporrans.net address?

ith:

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Mist View Post
    I have a earthlink account, and yes they are kind of blocked. EarthLink has an automatic spam blocker to keep suspect mail off users computers, your mail goes through, just not directly to the Inbox. The recipient only has to take you off the suspect list.

I have already given X Marks permission.

Thank you for the heads up.
    We're not talking about a "Suspect" mail folder issue, @Lake Mist, this is a problem where entire domains and even whole sections of the internet are unreachable via Earthlink's servers or are blocked.

I routinely have issues where I am unable to connect to certain sites and the problem is Earthlink's servers. Time Warner actually services the local lines that Earthlink uses, and while they can see my modem
    just fine there are times where I cannot get to anything once the line hits Earthlink.

They've been running on fumes for a few years now, and I say this as an almost 20 year customer.
    Last edited by artificer; 2nd March 15 at 08:06 AM.

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to artificer For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I know why I get dead spots certain times of the day, or night. Aye, have been with earthlink since at least '95.

Guess I better start shopping for a new provider.

Thank you.
    Bob

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A number of years ago, I had the same issue with GoDaddy. Their mail servers started blocking my in-laws emails and in a long discussion with tech support, they made it clear to me that they were indeed actively blocking emails from my in-laws' provider, but the problem was not on GoDaddy's end, and that my in-laws would need to get their provider to convince GoDaddy that they were NOT purveyors of SPAM. But of course, the in-laws' ISP said it was B.S. and there was no problem on their end.

So rather than put up with an indeterminate amount of finger pointing and with no end in sight for resolution, I decided to fold my cards and move everything to another provider. Haven't had an issue since. (With my providers. In-laws are a whole other ballgame).

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to CDNSushi For This Useful Post: