X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all.
    Update: (both here and on the first post).

Hello all,
    While I was originally hoping to reopen the queue to new orders last month I am forced to keep it closed until at least the start of 2016.
    Unfortunately, I have been dealing with a Repetitive Stress Injury for all of 2015, and even with frequent breaks for stretching and such it continues to get worse.
    I will be emptying the queue completely, then taking a bit of rehabilitation time to heal before reopening for new orders.
    NOTE: this does NOT effect any existing deposited orders, this is for new enquiries only.
    Thank you all for your patience while I slog through this.
    ith:

2. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to artificer For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really shows the quality of an Artificer Custom Sporran when I say that since getting my commission from you I have not worn any other sporran. I have about 10 other sporrans to choose from and more than a few of them are from quality makers. Please take care of yourself, your customers will be there when you have had a complete recovery.

4. The Following 5 Users say 'Aye' to McMurdo For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear you're not so well and I do hope recovery is swift. I too frequently enjoy the custom sporran you made for me. Your sporrans are superb but don't damage your health over them. Best regards as ever mee ol' mate!!

John

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    artificer, If it's carpel tunnel syndrome from the leather work it may take longer to fully heal. Repetitive hard gripping and hammering ( shock loading ) are the big killers.

I got mine from work using tweezers to handle tiny thin light samples - about 80,000 to 160,000 a year. Pulling them off adhesive exposure fixtures.
    I toughed it out popping ibuprofen like candy for years. I finally did the rehabs, tool modifications and therapy etc. but didn't truly get to fully recovered for about 2 years after retiring at 55.
    slàinte mhath, Chuck
    Originally Posted by MeghanWalker,In answer to Goodgirlgoneplaids challenge:
    "My sporran is bigger and hairier than your sporran"
    Pants is only a present tense verb here. I once panted, but it's all cool now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12