X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trouble uploading pictures

Hello Folks,

My quaich pics are ready....I have tried and tried and tried to uplaod but whatever way I do it it isn't working. I have also tried putting them in a word doc. Does anybody with more computer literacy than I know how I can get them on here. I am really struggling:-(

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazbot View Post
    Hello Folks,

My quaich pics are ready....I have tried and tried and tried to uplaod but whatever way I do it it isn't working. I have also tried putting them in a word doc. Does anybody with more computer literacy than I know how I can get them on here. I am really struggling:-(
    You could try opening a free photobucket account: www.photobucket.com. Upload them to that, copy the IMG link and paste it into the text box on this forum. It can be a bit daunting at first, if you run into trouble pm me and I'll try to help either by phone or on Skype. When you have copied the link you only need the text as in the link below, so just highlight the rest and delete it, not forgetting the [URL] at the end. I have had to put the * in to prevent the photo instead of the text showing.

[IMG]http://i9999.phot*bucket.com/albums/aa344/tpaworld/Xmarks/Higland%20Dancers.jpg[/IMG]

If you right click on any of my and some others recent pictures and select "View image info", you will see what goes between the [IMG] and [/IMG] markers.

In Photobucket it is a good idea to set up an Xmarks directory to upload all Xmarks pictures into, then if you omit to delete the other information all anyone else on this forum will be able to see, if they click on one of your pictures, is all photos you have uploaded for Xmarks, as opposed to any others you have uploaded for others to view.
    If you are going to do it, do it in a kilt!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simple one: at the top of the window when you're typing a reply, is a wee icon that looks like a square picture frame. If you mouse over it, it shows as "Insert Image."

Click on it, hit "Browse" and go through your computer looking for the picture. After you've found it, click on it to return to the "Insert" function and hit "Upload File(s)"

An odd glitch is that after the first picture, the next time you return to add another picture, you have to click on the "From Computer" tab to get back to doing the same thing.

Sincere thanks to Rob for fixing this feature a while back - it was truly missed!
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Father Bill For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorted

Hello Folks,

Gazbot, I've gone ahead and added your photos individually.

Perhaps you could add some captions for us.

Where are you?

What was the event?

Who are the people?
    Last edited by Steve Ashton; 11th June 15 at 10:59 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazbot View Post
    Hello Folks,

I think I have sorted does this link work for you?

Thank you for your help.

http://s358.photobucket.com/user/Gar...?sort=2&page=2

Yes, it works. Now if you edit to put [img] in front of it and [/img] after it, it will likely load into the posting.
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

7. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Father Bill For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly correct Father Bill, though when I've used the [img] html I've usually copied it one at a time from each of those provided by Photobucket in the individual photo windows. Then the pictures display here without needing to click the link.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Bill View Post
    Simple one: at the top of the window when you're typing a reply, is a wee icon that looks like a square picture frame. If you mouse over it, it shows as "Insert Image."

Click on it, hit "Browse" and go through your computer looking for the picture. After you've found it, click on it to return to the "Insert" function and hit "Upload File(s)"

An odd glitch is that after the first picture, the next time you return to add another picture, you have to click on the "From Computer" tab to get back to doing the same thing.

Sincere thanks to Rob for fixing this feature a while back - it was truly missed!
    Thank you for that @Father Bill, I did not know it had been fixed, no one had said anything that I've spotted. I assumed that gazbot had tried that and it had not worked again for photos above a very small size.
    If you are going to do it, do it in a kilt!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

upload of quaich pics

Hello folks, sorry for no reply I have been out of the country for a few weeks. Your help is very appreciated. Steve I will try to add captions to the selection that you very kindly put up and will also try to upload the remainder. I trust she arrived back safe?

Kind regards