X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Guthrie Ancient Kilt From Barb (Redux).

I received my bespoke Guthrie Ancient kilt from Barbara today, and am thrilled with her workmanship and attention to detail. She is now my sole go to kilt maker henceforth.

Thanks Barb for such a fantastic kilt. It won't be the last that I order from you!

I'll post photos of myself in the kilt when I get a chance to take some decent pics.

UPDATE:

I see that Photobucket is now squeezing every dime, and holding photos hostage by not allowing linking of photos without paying a monthly fee. So long Photobucket, hello Flickr. Here are the photos re-posted:

K5 by ,

K4 by ,

K2 by

P1010061 by
    Last edited by Mike S; 29th June 17 at 11:41 AM.
    My Clans: Guthrie, Sinclair, Sutherland, MacRae, McCain-Maclachlan, MacGregor-Petrie, Johnstone, Hamilton, Boyd, MacDonald-Alexander, Patterson, Thompson. Welsh:Edwards, Williams, Jones. Paternal line: Brandenburg/Prussia.
    Proud member: SCV/Mech Cav, MOSB. Camp Commander Ft. Heiman #1834 SCV Camp.

2. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Mike S For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a beautiful kilt. Congratulations. I love the tartan, especially the colors. The pleating pattern is superb. Does it flash that light blue color? If so, it's gotta look great when you're walking.
    I changed my signature. The old one was too ridiculous.

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to mookien For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That really is a beautiful tartan, and I love the way it is pleated. Looking forward to some more pics!

6. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Dughlas mor For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers guys. These photos show off the kilt much better than the initial, pathetic photos in the first incarnation of this thread did. Yes, the blue and green both flash, and come alive in the sunlight much the way the purple/blue tones do on the Isle Of Skye tartan.

The Guthrie tartan is a rather hard to procure one, and is often not an in-stock tartan even with the big mills. There are only a couple who actually offer it at all, especially in all weights.
    Last edited by Mike S; 20th June 15 at 10:24 AM.
    My Clans: Guthrie, Sinclair, Sutherland, MacRae, McCain-Maclachlan, MacGregor-Petrie, Johnstone, Hamilton, Boyd, MacDonald-Alexander, Patterson, Thompson. Welsh:Edwards, Williams, Jones. Paternal line: Brandenburg/Prussia.

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Mike S For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dughlas mor View Post
    That really is a beautiful tartan, and I love the way it is pleated. Looking forward to some more pics!
    Agreed. I generally prefer pleated to the line with most tartans. I knew from seeing her work that no one does it better than Barb, so that was a must have.