X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like how most models have embroidery on them. Their black kilt had their name in white embroidery. Black on black would seem a better choice.

As for the size adjustment, it would seem ok if you ordered it in a size such that it would be closed up.

I came close to buying a left over original but they were out of what I think my size is. It is possible their one size smaller would be perfect but they have a no refund policy so I can't even try it.

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to trebor For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had a brand new Utilikilt come into my shop. The very first thing I noticed is that the front apron is no longer attached to the pleats.

It hangs in front loosely sort of like a loincloth.
    Steve Ashton
    www.freedomkilts.com
    Skype (webcam enabled) thewizardofbc
    I wear the kilt because:
    Swish + Swagger = Swoon.

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to The Wizard of BC For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of BC View Post
    I just had a brand new Utilikilt come into my shop. The very first thing I noticed is that the front apron is no longer attached to the pleats.

It hangs in front loosely sort of like a loincloth.
    Wow. That's really awful. Did you get a look at the back at all? I was reading somewhere, maybe on the Utilikilts Facebook, that the back of the new kilts had an apron of some sort on the inside.
    Cheers!
    Bob

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got some of the new Olympian heavy weight nylon kilts where the apron is only attached at the waist band. The pleats run all around including under the "apron" flap. Looks OK indoors but in the wind outdoors that apron sets sail and is all over the place.
    slàinte mhath, Chuck
    Originally Posted by MeghanWalker,In answer to Goodgirlgoneplaids challenge:
    "My sporran is bigger and hairier than your sporran"
    Pants is only a present tense verb here. I once panted, but it's all cool now.

3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I own multiple Utility style kilts including older style Utilikilts and Freedom Kilts. I DO like my older Utilikilts (1 Survival and 2 Workmans) and the owner, Steve, is a very nice guy and has a grand vision for kilts and the future of his company. I love his passion, his drive and his optimism. That being said, I really did prefer the older style without the laces in the back though. The laces look very corset like to my eye. I understand their function and rationale, but I just can't get past the look.

For my $, if I was going to get another utility style kilt, I'd order a custom Freedom kilt to my specs.

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to RockyR For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kind of wish Steve/Krash had gone with his previous route of limited runs on new designs. Like Levi's did when they improved the design until they got the 501's and found it to be a "winner"! They always kept it while doing the passing designer styles also. The Switchbacks also have the pleats ending 2/3 of the way up and I don't really care for that look either. It breaks up the great silhouette of the kilts look on the body.
    Hoping Steve hears and brings back his "501s" before I have worn out more of my older style Utilikilts.
    slàinte mhath, Chuck
    Originally Posted by MeghanWalker,In answer to Goodgirlgoneplaids challenge:
    "My sporran is bigger and hairier than your sporran"
    Pants is only a present tense verb here. I once panted, but it's all cool now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiltedcontractor View Post
    I met a gent with an all black lace style utilikilt at the nj renn faire. I must admit i disliked the new style before seeing it in person. It looked much less "corset " like than i expected.
    The corset look of the switchback is what turned me off. I am glad to hear that it is not so much like that in real life.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123