X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

posting pics on XMTS

I know there have been other people asking the same question, but, how do you post a picture(s) on
    this site?

boats

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to boats For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a tutorial around here someplace. It deals with having to open an account somewhere else and they use that service to provide a link that can be used here to display the image.

This is a truly wonderful forum but has the most convoluted image posting method of any other forum with which I engage. I have several websites - so I just upload an image to a directory on one of them and use the URL of that image to post here. That shortens the process for me a bit but still discourages me from posting many photos.

If you are too busy to laugh, you are too busy.

4. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Couper For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What works for me is to put photos into Photobucket, in my library, select one, copy the IMG and then paste it - I see the designation now, of my jpg.html[IMG] pre posting this onto the forum, but once posted, there is the photo. It does give people access to the library, but there is nothing on there I need to keep secret

Anne the Pleater :ootd:

I presume to dictate to no man what he shall eat or drink or wherewithal he shall be clothed."
    -- The Hon. Stuart Ruaidri Erskine, The Kilt & How to Wear It, 1901.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding to what Anne posted. The link that Photobucket provides will give access to the entire album. If you modify it a bit that won't happen. For example (spaces added so this shows as the link syntax) taking the link as given by Photobucket:

[ U R L=http://s284.photobucket.com/user/PNn2222/media/Kilt/Kilts%202013/KiltKamp2013_0244_zps4783dcee-1.jpg.html][I M G ]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll39/PNn2222/Kilt/Kilts%202013/KiltKamp2013_0244_zps4783dcee-1.jpg[ / I M G][/ U R L]

will give the desired photo but you can get to the entire album. If you delete part of that line you get this:

[I M G]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll39/PNn2222/Kilt/Kilts%202013/KiltKamp2013_0244_zps4783dcee-1.jpg[/I M G]

Now you have just the one photograph. Clicking on the image won't take you anywhere.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alternatively, just use the built in facilityby clicking on the image button: which you will see in the posting menu: . There is a limit to what file size will upload. I don't know the limit but the picture below was 1.87Mb and loaded using the "Insert Image" button. If you need to re-size you can do so by referring to this post.
    Last edited by tpa; 2nd July 15 at 04:02 PM.
    If you are going to do it, do it in a kilt!

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tutorial explaining how to get a picture to show up in your posts may be found in our Frequently Asked Questions section or FAQ's.

The FAQ's may be found by clicking on the tab in the upper, dark blue navigation bar, near the top of every page of X Marks.

Alternately you can go directly to the FAQ section by clicking on this link.

http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/f...s_faq_pictures

There is a second tutorial that says much the same thing but in different words. It may be found in our "How Do I" forum section.

http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=77301

If you have a photobucket account, you may use that account to link a photo into a post. There are setting on the albums in Photobucket. If you have set your albums to be public then yes, someone will be able to see the entire album that your one photo is in.

To prevent this, simply change the setting of that photobucket album to 'private'.
    People will still be able to see the one photo you linked into your post but not the rest of that album.
    Last edited by Steve Ashton; 2nd July 15 at 07:15 PM.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

9. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Steve Ashton For This Useful Post: