X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portland Highland Games, Portland, Oregon, July 17-19, 2015

Anyone going to the Portland Highland Games this upcoming weekend? I am going to be there for the first time, entering several events in the individual piping competition. Let's hear it, this is one of the Pacific Northwest's larger Games.

JMB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be hosting the Clan Young Society tent. Hope to get a chance to meet you.
    Studies have shown that women who gain a few pounds live longer than men who mention it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Planning to be there myself, purely as a spectator. Hope to have a son and maybe a brother in tow! Forecasting 88 degrees and a few SHOWERS.
    I was there last year but didn't take any pictures.
    Here's me and some of my clan from 2013 in this thread: http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/f...-2013-a-80230/
    Last edited by MrLion; 13th July 15 at 09:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rick-Y and I at the Portland Highland Games 2015, at the Clan Young tent.

Met up with Rick at the clan tents. Met him there last year also, but forgot to take a picture. The Portland Games feel like they're getting a wee bit smaller (fewer vendors, people) each year. Felt like the day went by too quickly. Had a good time.
    Steve

5. The Following 4 Users say 'Aye' to MrLion For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Y View Post
    Rick:

I stopped by your tent in the morning to say 'hello,' but you were busy with some folks and I realized I had to run back down to the lower field to finish stinking up the joint in my piping events. To be candid, the heat quite took my by surprise and I definitely didn't have good mind/body harmony to give it my best effort. Oh, well... This was my first time at Portland and it was a fun event, all things considered.

You had a nice area for your clan tent set-up. I kind of kicked myself I didn't get back up there to watch the athletes, chat with you and the clans and check out more closely the classic British motorcycles. An Ariel and a bunch of Triumphs and I took zero pictures. Where was my head at? I shall try to make a better show--all around--next year.

JMB

7. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Blupiper For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blupiper View Post
    Rick:

I stopped by your tent in the morning to say 'hello,' but you were busy with some folks and I realized I had to run back down to the lower field to finish stinking up the joint in my piping events. To be candid, the heat quite took my by surprise and I definitely didn't have good mind/body harmony to give it my best effort. Oh, well... This was my first time at Portland and it was a fun event, all things considered.

You had a nice area for your clan tent set-up. I kind of kicked myself I didn't get back up there to watch the athletes, chat with you and the clans and check out more closely the classic British motorcycles. An Ariel and a bunch of Triumphs and I took zero pictures. Where was my head at? I shall try to make a better show--all around--next year.

JMB
    Sorry I missed you. Always good to meet a fellow XMarker face to face. At least, it is for me. I realize my face can alter that equation quite quickly!
    Studies have shown that women who gain a few pounds live longer than men who mention it.

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Rick Y For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Portland Highland Games - Clan Young

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Y View Post
    You did a wonderful job at the Clan Young tent and I wanted to say thank you to you and Karen for helping me with the banner!