Greetings!

I was looking through the fabrics available on/through Scotweb, and came across a fabric labeled as 13 oz Poly-Wool (55%/45%). This is the first time I've seen tartan in that particular fabric mix, and I'm wondering how it compares to other common choices like pure wool of the same weight or to the slightly lighter P/V mix that we see much more frequently. The tartan in question is the darker Douglas tartan, and I am intrigued as it cost half as much as the same colour palette in 16 oz wool.
I really like that darker tartan; I am considering learning to make my own kilt, but have never done so. A cheaper material seems like a good place to start (especially if I can get the colours I want!), but it also means that how the material handles compared to normal wool could force me into choosing another tartan (since I would want to be able to accurately judge my abilities before risking pricier tartans).
Any information that the vendor or other experienced kiltmakers or wearers can provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Mathew