X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzbass View Post
    I don't know when you uploaded Picasa but I can guarantee you it not only uploaded all my pictures to it's site without my permission but then deleted them completely when I deleted it.
    It was more than a couple of years ago that I removed Picasa. I set it up in July 2010 and I thought then it was too clever for its own good. Things have obviously changed for the worse. I was alarmed to find when, as a result of your post, I went into my online Picasa webstore, which I have not accessed for 3 or 4 years, but for which there is no deletion method, that it had uploaded and shared several images I was accessing recently, totally without my knowledge. Some tie up with Google+ images, I don't understand, although I have not knowingly uploaded images to Google+ either. It is a little worrying if Google is breaching one's copyright by sharing your images without permission. It is a big company to fight.
    If you are going to do it, do it in a kilt!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP, you may find that Google have put all your pictures in the Cloud using "Google Drive" or simply named "Drive" with a triangular shaped logo. Via Google Plus (logging into Google+ with your login & password) the photos should still be there.

If running Windows 8.1 or above, have you checked OneDrive (another cloud based storage)?
    Kilted Technician!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecompaqguy View Post
    OP, you may find that Google have put all your pictures in the Cloud using "Google Drive" or simply named "Drive" with a triangular shaped logo. Via Google Plus (logging into Google+ with your login & password) the photos should still be there.

If running Windows 8.1 or above, have you checked OneDrive (another cloud based storage)?
    Thank you, thecompaqguy. As it was only a small number of photos, I was able to make the connection to Google+, but surprise surprise, when I logged into to Google+, the photos were not there, only on Picasaweb! Onedrive exists on Win7 as well and like everything else with Google it is totally confusing. Yes there is a cloud facility, but what is initially set up, which I thought was the cloud connection was just a directory set up on the C drive called Onedrive! It is a shame Google and Microsoft either cannot or will not employ a normal human being to explain these things in plain English prior to foisting them on you and relying on techspeak help files to add to the confusion. Maybe the there is no one capable of explaining it to a non techie!

I would hasten to add that I have been working with computers for over 40 years, and still think it would be nice if someone could produce one which you can simply use without have to spend half the working week figuring out the latest tweaks and changes, clearing caches, compacting drives and why it is almost impossible to guarantee the same result from the same action twice.

Just set up a new Outlook email account after some10 attempts. It would not accept the password specifically designed to meet their requirements. Eventually worked with a password which specifically contravened two of the mandatory requirements.
    Last edited by tpa; 8th August 15 at 04:14 PM.
    If you are going to do it, do it in a kilt!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the canoe shot! LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12