X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Website

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Website

We have very recently re-designed our website and would love if you were able to give us some feedback on it to keep iron out any kinks! Hopefully you'll love the new design!

http://www.macgregorandmacduff.co.uk/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Website

Nicely done, easy to navigate, nice graphics and exchange rate etc.

Nice job!

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to PipeFuzz For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice looking site, but, browsing with Mozilla and trying to enter a (dummy) order left me confused. On the value kilt and presumably the others you ask for a selection of details, none of which include waist size, hip size, length or material. You say heavyweight wool, but mention the possibility of medium weight in the intro. You ask for height as being a very important measurement, but what length would you make a kilt for someone of 5'7"? Also what is the difference between fixed waist vs adjustable waist, if they both have straps, both are adjustable to a degree.

Sorry, as I am typing this, waist size now appeared in red, as a required field, don't know how I can have missed it. However it stays red and is marked as a required field, even after filling it in, until the add to cart button is pressed.

When entering the details the boxes, especially for the pleats and flashes, the options box jumps up and down resulting in you not necessarily winding up with what you thought you clicked on or indeed any option at all. The thumbnails for the tartans show up as one shade which then change to a totally different shade after being selected. The third time I tried this the boxes moved every time I moved the mouse to try to make a selection, ending up with no selection at all. They do behave a lot better if left blank so the required field message comes up, then they stay in one place and it is much easier to select.

The first time I clicked on both tweed jackets and argyll jackets in the Highland Wear section, I got a selection of buttons, followed by other non-jacket items and presumably the rest of the Accessories section. I had to go back and do it again to actually get any jackets showing. Similarly with tartan items-hats and caps brings up material and scarfs to start with although a tammy is evident on the second row. I have not tried the other sections or items, reckon I have done enough damage for the time being!

I am not actually looking for a kilt at the moment, just trying, hopefully, to be helpful and you did ask!
    Last edited by tpa; 6th August 15 at 02:26 PM.
    If you are going to do it, do it in a kilt!

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to tpa For This Useful Post:

Mel1721L is offline Registration terminated at the member's request
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Welsh tartans?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great new website, Dominic. Fast, easy to navigate, etc. I particularly like the Glen Orchy tweed - a very clean, updated look.

8. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Oberlander For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1721L View Post
    No Welsh tartans?
    We do the Welsh National tartan. We just don't have a Welsh tartan kilt product, like we do for Irish tartans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpa View Post
    Nice looking site, but, browsing with Mozilla and trying to enter a (dummy) order left me confused. On the value kilt and presumably the others you ask for a selection of details, none of which include waist size, hip size, length or material. You say heavyweight wool, but mention the possibility of medium weight in the intro. You ask for height as being a very important measurement, but what length would you make a kilt for someone of 5'7"? Also what is the difference between fixed waist vs adjustable waist, if they both have straps, both are adjustable to a degree.

Sorry, as I am typing this, waist size now appeared in red, as a required field, don't know how I can have missed it. However it stays red and is marked as a required field, even after filling it in, until the add to cart button is pressed.

When entering the details the boxes, especially for the pleats and flashes, the options box jumps up and down resulting in you not necessarily winding up with what you thought you clicked on or indeed any option at all. The thumbnails for the tartans show up as one shade which then change to a totally different shade after being selected. The third time I tried this the boxes moved every time I moved the mouse to try to make a selection, ending up with no selection at all. They do behave a lot better if left blank so the required field message comes up, then they stay in one place and it is much easier to select.

The first time I clicked on both tweed jackets and argyll jackets in the Highland Wear section, I got a selection of buttons, followed by other non-jacket items and presumably the rest of the Accessories section. I had to go back and do it again to actually get any jackets showing. Similarly with tartan items-hats and caps brings up material and scarfs to start with although a tammy is evident on the second row. I have not tried the other sections or items, reckon I have done enough damage for the time being!

I am not actually looking for a kilt at the moment, just trying, hopefully, to be helpful and you did ask!

Thanks for the feedback. It's always helpful to know what people think of our website.

I have noticed the same problem with the dropdown menus and switching between different options. This is something we will hopefully be sorting.

We ask for height as the most important measurement as this is the best indicator to us as to whether the customer has measured themselves correctly. We want to ensure a kilt will correctly fit every customer no matter if they were measured by our staff in store or measured by a friend at home. We tend to use the following guide for judging if kilt lengths are correct:

• 22” overall may fit gents 5' 2” - 5' 4” tall
    • 23” overall may fit gents 5' 5” - 5' 7” tall
    • 24” overall may fit gents 5' 8” - 5' 11” tall
    • 25” overall may fit gents 6' 0” - 6' 2” tall
    • 26” overall may fit gents 6' 3” tall and above.

However we know that not everybody will fit into this guide.

In terms of the fixed waist vs. adjustable waist we are talking about moving the straps to alter the waist size by more than what you already can. Value kilts can't have their straps moved but traditional can have their straps moved up to 2" in or out. You are right that both are adjustable as you can move between holes on the straps.

If you click on the Jackets & Waistcoat category, only jackets and waistcoats will appear. The same goes for Hats & Caps, only hats will appear in this category. What I believe you have done is click the Highland Wear category and the Tartan Products category. When you click these two root categories, all the products within them will appear, usually in price order low to high. We are currently working on extra filtering options to make these categories easier to navigate.

If you have any other feedback, we'll be pleased to hear it.

11. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Dominic MacGregor For This Useful Post:

tpa

Mel1721L is offline Registration terminated at the member's request
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominic MacGregor View Post
    We do the Welsh National tartan. We just don't have a Welsh tartan kilt product, like we do for Irish tartans.
    Thats a shame, I was looking to replace my Powell of Wales kilt, which I had to return.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1721L View Post
    Thats a shame, I was looking to replace my Powell of Wales kilt, which I had to return.
    I spoke to our sales team to see if we could help you out in any way but unfortunately Welsh tartans are not something we do at the moment. Potentially something we need to look into in the future!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominic MacGregor View Post
    In terms of the fixed waist vs. adjustable waist we are talking about moving the straps to alter the waist size by more than what you already can. Value kilts can't have their straps moved but traditional can have their straps moved up to 2" in or out.
    Thanks for the detailed feedback. Re sizing, are you saying that, because of the way they are constructed, it is not possible to unpick and move the straps and buckles on a value kilt, or just that you are not prepared to do it should waist size unaccountably change at a future date? Surely, if the initial measurements are correct, it should not be relevant when the kilt is originally supplied?
    If you are going to do it, do it in a kilt!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast