X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wearing the Kilt With Pride.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled Ian View Post
    SPS, welcome to the forum. It seems to me you have a pretty agreeable situation for the future, and I wish you joy of it, although I am sorry you can't share it with your late wife.

Could I ask for a translation from you please? With your background, TLA's (and other-number acronyms) are almost a way of life, and there is nothing wrong with them when their meaning is self-evident. I am guessing that TYIA means 'thank you in advance', but could you help me out with HOA please?

Thank you,
    Bill, I like your Philosophy. I moved to Cornwall two years ago and wear the Kilt every day, the Way my friends and I wore it to the local Caledonian Society for thirty years.Every one had their strange variations of the form which we considered correct. The bottom line is that I do my best to look Smart. Had Two separate chats with ladies in street meetings a quarter of an hour apart. " my, you look smart, I love to see the Kilt.". One Lady spoke of the Clan Kilt her father bought for Dancing,

The other spoke of Inverness ,her home town, which she left many years ago. She was delighted when I told her the kilt I was wearing a Duncan Chishom Kilt From Hector Russell House In Inverness and I had been wearing this kilt for thirty five years and it was my best kilt as I wear the kilt full time in Cornwall.

You know Bill, I Have to look smart so I do not let the side down.

As I look as if I know what I am doing and am not part of a curcus ,ladys and gentlemen are polite,and I learn a lot about Family Migration passing through Cornwall...........Thanks for your Support......................Roderick
    Last edited by Roderick Powell; 10th September 15 at 03:29 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12