X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tattoo in Australia

I've learned that the Edinburgh Military Tattoo is coming to Sydney early next year.

I shall have to start saving, I would love to go.
    I do believe this is a first!

http://www.edinburghtattooinaustralia.com.au/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graham,

It is well wotrth the time and the money, it is an extremely awsome show
    Glen McGuire

A Life Lived in Fear, Is a Life Half Lived.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a second there, I thought Graham was going on holiday in Australia to get a tattoo! Boy, was I sorely disappointed.

From the pics on the website, it looks like it'll be a huge military tattoo. Well worth the money Graham.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought that too, Rufus! Somehow the idea of Graham developing a passion for ink and body art just didn't seem to fit. It did startle until I realised what he was talking about.

My parents had the chance to see the Tattoo a few years back and it still comes up in conversation. It really left an indelible mark on them. I'd definately go if I got half a chance.

Jamie
    Quondo Omni Flunkus Moritati

Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus
    For a second there, I thought Graham was going on holiday in Australia to get a tattoo! Boy, was I sorely disappointed.

From the pics on the website, it looks like it'll be a huge military tattoo. Well worth the money Graham.
    There are a few things in life I can say will never happen, that is one of them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham

Too bad Graham, tattoos (the ink kind) are similar to kilts in that they are addictive. To each their own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graham, I have no doubt that the tattoo will be worth saving for. It looks impressive. I have been to the Nova Scotia International Tattoo and it was excellent. As for tattoo of a different kind, it is like kilts an addiction. And as expensive.

David

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    colin I can attest to that,My only regret is that I have seen much better art that I would rather have in those places instead.

Dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham

Too bad Graham, tattoos (the ink kind) are similar to kilts in that they are addictive. To each their own.
    And there the similarity must end.
    Kilts are an essential part of life, to protect one from the elements, the cold, the wind, the heat, the scratches and bruises of life.

Kilts maintain modesty and decency, they allow us to proudly hold our head up when attending a dinner, a concert or just going to work.

Kilts are healthy to the body.

Kilts can be easily removed when desired.

If kilts are addictive, I would contend that they are a healthy addiction, and since only one kilt can be worn at a time, it is an "addiction" that is not possible to overdose on. At the same time, there is no limit to the number of kilts we can buy (except our financial limits)

Tattoos are none of these things. But each to his own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget that both were used by the CElts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast