X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Howie from 21st Century Kilts

Hi Howie

I see that you are the newest member here, welcome; I personaly can't wait for your input...

P.S.

Put please do put some of your best pictures in the gallery, they are sue to took great.

Martyn

Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from Down Under, I can't say I have sampled your wrokmanship as hamish has a bit I hear but welcome to the board.

I look forward to the experience you may be able to share here, and perhaps you'll be a bit encourared too!

Since kilts are what we all talk about and love, it's an honour to have you as a member.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings Howie

Howie,

Welcome. I'm interested in hearing what you plan for 21st Century Kilts and your thoughts on the future of the kilt industry on the whole.

Bill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Howie, Do give us your slant on things kilted.
    I've survived DAMN near everything
    Acta non Verba

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an apology

Hi chaps, I had occassion to speak to Howie the other day and informed him of the stir his appearance on xmarks caused. Basically he was amazed anyone noticed and he's been too busy to call back. He's now in America all month but will call back at the beginning of October.
    I offered to apologise for his lack of response and he accepted... mainly because he can't respond for himself till later this year.
    One puzzled comment he made will probably stay with me tho', 'surely you wear kilts not talk about them'.
    Cheers Rhino

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: an apology

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino
    .................................................. ................One puzzled comment he made will probably stay with me tho', 'surely you wear kilts not talk about them'.
    Cheers Rhino
    Oh, how timely is Howie's remark, Rhino!

So many times, in recent weeks, when I have been sitting at this computer thingy for hours on end, I have logged off, still with posts unread, and thought to myself, "What the devil am I doing sitting here, evening after evening (and sometimes during the day too), when I could be out there, walking the coastal paths or up on the South Downs Way, really enjoying the experiences our kilts bring us?

In fact, as of last weekend, I have decided to limit my time at this keyboard to about one hour a day for a trial period. This means, unfortunately, that many posts and threads will not be read. However, my home, my garden, my friends should begin to feature once more in my life. They have all been increasingly neglected in recent months.

On the other hand, I have made many good, and hopefully lasting, friendships through "X Marks...", "Bravehearts WDP", "Tom's Café", etc., etc., and I must not forget that.
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: an apology

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish
    ... So many times, in recent weeks, when I have been sitting at this computer thingy for hours on end, I have logged off, still with posts unread, and thought to myself, "What the devil am I doing sitting here, evening after evening (and sometimes during the day too), when I could be out there, walking the coastal paths or up on the South Downs Way, really enjoying the experiences our kilts bring us?...
    The days are starting to get noticeably shorter. Mornings are quite cool now. Summer, it would seem, is making way for fall here in the northern part of the world. If ever there was a time to get out and enjoy kilt freedom and comfort, it's now. There will be plenty of cold winter days ahead to sit in front that computer. Don't forget to take some pictures out there!

cheers,

blu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When mention of Howie's joining was announced, and no posts were forthcoming on his part, I had a theory concerning this that I kept to myself while waiting to see if anything further developed. Since this thread has found its way to the top of the list again, I thought that I would share my thoughts with the intention of seeing if any further info has come to light.

Some may recall that Howie's joining took place on the heels of KennyB's assertion that he had been the subject of some purportedly unscrupulous jacket dealings with Geoffrey (Tailor) LTD., the details of which can be found at:

http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1473

Ham made mention that he was contacting someone from Geoffrey to inquire into this, and that was the last I heard on the subject. My theory, which is only a theory, is that Howie joined xmarks with the intention of gaining access to the personal contact info for KennyB so that the matter could be discussed in private. As a businessman interested in delivering excellent customer service, I would have done the same myself, so I am undoubtedly projecting a bit.

By the way, has anyone heard from KennyB since he begged to disagree with Ham on the virtues of Geoffrey (Tailor)? Interesting...

Mychael