X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is your level of involvement?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • I occupy a tent at local games.

17 35.42%
  • I am an officer or commissioner.

23 47.92%
  • I just wear the family tartan, and that's enough.

14 29.17%
  • I am a member but, don't participate.

6 12.50%
  • I'm not Interested in joining anything.

2 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that I am not alone here from a Scottish point of view in saying that most of us don't belong to Clan associations, why should we? We are already in the Clan-------if we are interested------ and the Clan tartan is more than enough for us.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

2. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Jock Scot For This Useful Post:

Mike_Oettle is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In South Africa I suspect there are clan societies active in places like Cape Town and Johannesburg, but I have never encountered them in the Eastern Cape.
    I have attended some functions of the Port Elizabeth Scottish Association, but have not felt the need to join it so far. In any case, if I do join, my wife will not be involved because of her negative attitude towards kilts, bagpipes and anything Scottish.
    The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life.
    [Proverbs 14:27]

LANCER1562 is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wear the family tartan and that's enough for me until I can afford to join my Clan Society or the Saint Andrews Scottish Society or both. My wife and I are saving up to move to Florida in a few months so funds are somewhat tight right now.
    Robert
    Member of: S.W.E.A.R.S., Steel Bonnets, Flat Cap Confederation, SMALL, KABOOM, K.O.O.P.S, Law Dawgz

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Clan Fergusson member and officer

I see that being a n000b here I may not see the poll or the poll has closed , but I am a Clan Fergusson member et al , and am serving in one appointed confirmed position already as Clan IT Manager , and was recently appointed Region 6 VP for general membership organizational and recruiting purposes . For this second position I was appointed by our clan president , but must be confirmed by the board of directors at the clans AGM in a few months . From my perspective the difference in being 'in the clan' and being an officer in elected position is that I am { will be } responsible for { or will be when confirmed } for being part of shaping the future of our organization from the 501c aspect as well as the convener / nitty gritty wearing the clan tartan and showing off my not so knobby knees to the public at various festivals .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234