X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good celtic music

I do love me some good celtic rock music. But I also like some newer, clean sounding celtic folk music, too. Recently found a group called Craicmore. Another one, Fleadh. The Whacking Shillelaghs. Good clean sound. Two interesting sounding celtic rock groups, are The Angry Brians, and Keenailis. Another group is Bahookie. Different takes on the music. I keep downloading more and more. As of today, I have 1,651 songs (who knew there were that many?!) Anway,I played this playlist, at Halloween, for my haunted Scottish castle (see "show us your pics,", on this forum). I can't get it out of my system.
    ARIZONA CELT

2. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Michael Weatherhead For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.celticradio.net/ This is a good Celtic music site with several stations playing different moods and varieties.
    [CENTER][B][COLOR="#0000CD"]PROUD[/COLOR] [COLOR="#FFD700"]YORKSHIRE[/COLOR] [COLOR="#0000CD"]KILTIE[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#0000CD"]Scottish[/COLOR] clans: Fletcher, McGregor and Forbes
    [COLOR="#008000"]Irish[/COLOR] clans: O'Brien, Ryan and many others
    [COLOR="#008000"]Irish[/COLOR]/[COLOR="#FF0000"]Welsh[/COLOR] families: Carey[/B][/CENTER]

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to RectaPete For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marc Gunn. He is a Celtic musician and podcaster. He hosts the Irish and Celtic Music podcast. http://celticmusicpodcast.com/ The podcast listed here is his showcase for independent Celtic musicians for around the world. I highly recommend it.
    "Don't give up what you want most for what you want now."
    Just my 2¢ worth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw Marc Gunn at the Louisiana Ren. Fest a couple of years ago. He's really good. I love his song "Kilted for Her Pleasure"!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
    I saw Marc Gunn at the Louisiana Ren. Fest a couple of years ago. He's really good. I love his song "Kilted for Her Pleasure"!
    I agree, great performer - all around fun guy!
    "We are all connected...to each other, biologically; to the earth, chemically; to the universe, atomically...and that makes me smile." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Profane James For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes sir, nobody can play that dulcimer, like Marc Gunn (or June Carter Cash). I've listened to his podcast. Good stuff. Always looking for more good music.
    ARIZONA CELT

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you know Great Big Sea? They did some brilliant work. Also Stramash and Scocha are fantastic bands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got turned on to Great Big Sea by a buddy during a brief TDY up to Toronto. Was seriously taken with their song Old Black Rum. Now, whenever and wherever the wife and I are, when we hear it we automatically break out nice and loud on the chorus. Also happens whenever we hear Tell Me Ma. Turns a few heads but hey, &#¥$@? Happens.

12. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Drwill4 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a fantastic college radio station close by. WWUH in Hartford and two of my favorite shows are a bluegrass show and celtic show. The celtic show sponsors live music a number of times during the year with top notch acts. Tomorrow show features the Tannahill Weavers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwill4 View Post
    Got turned on to Great Big Sea by a buddy during a brief TDY up to Toronto. Was seriously taken with their song Old Black Rum. Now, whenever and wherever the wife and I are, when we hear it we automatically break out nice and loud on the chorus. Also happens whenever we hear Tell Me Ma. Turns a few heads but hey, &#¥$@? Happens.
    I learned about GBS during a layover back from the sandbox at Gander. One of their songs was playing on the sound system and I liked it so much, I asked a shopkeeper who that was. I bought their first album right there. GBS used to tour pretty often in the Pacific northwest of the US and I was very fortunate to see them quite a few times in concert, once at a tiny venue with less than 40 in the audience.