X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bulk Pricing on Bespoke Yardage?

Does anyone know if Scotweb Tartan Mill does bulk pricing on their woven-to-order yardage? $95/yard is daunting when looking at making a single kilt, but when considering a half dozen...

I found references in old threads to bulk pricing, but the website seems to just multiply the number of yards times the basic price per yard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know! (And as the boss of Scotweb Tartan Mill, that's perhaps only to be expected...) :-)

Yes, sorry that our current systems are unable to display volume pricing. (Our next generation site on which we're working very actively will do so...) But prices do indeed fall significantly as volumes rise. This isn't just a matter of volume discounts, such as when buying multiples of something in a store. It actually gets a lot less expensive to produce fabrics in larger volumes, so we can pass on these savings.

I'm happy to help further if you want to PM me. But really it would be best if you could give our customer service team a call on 1-888-SCOTWEB and they'll be delighted to advise you. Tell them I sent you!

Best wishes

Nick

3. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Nick Fiddes For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! If the project moves forward I'll be sure the committee knows that the option exists and has the number.