X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kilt Pics

Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice piccies Mychael, you are all a very handsome family. You do look fine in the kilt and waistcoat.

Rocky, you raise some good points and it's true we could be more creative with our photos, but in defense I will say this:

1. I am ever aware of bandwidth use here with the number of piccies posted, I try to be economical.

2. Many of my shots are done with a self timer, not always easy to get action in there, you need a second (or third) person.

3. As far as showing the quality of the kilt, close ups etc. that's your job on your site! but true - w could do a better job providing you with piccies of the lovely kilts you've made.

4. I confess to an agenda, not only do i want to show off my kilt, but also the beautiful part of the world I live in. This is reflected in many of my piccies. I realise you as a kiltmaker have a different focus.

But your point is not lost, I for one will try harder.
    Since I have a Diploma in Photography I guess I have no excuse.

BTW, any piccies I post on this forum you are welcome to steal and use Rocky.

3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    [/quote]Does the kilt for the competion have to be a USAK? [quote]

No... I'm not the "kilt Nazi" (like the seinfeld Soup Nazi). I'd LIKE to see some USA Kilts up there (if you already have 1... or 7... Rich), but that's not the point. I just want some creative shots of men in Kilts. If you have a Tartan kilt, it'd make for a better pic, but a Victory USAK/ Utilikilt/ Pittsburgh kilt/ etc will work just fine.

Rocky, you raise some good points and it's true we could be more creative with our photos, but in defense I will say this
    Graham... In my defense... It's my contest, so I'll do as I damn well please! HAHAHAHAHAHA...

Yes, I realize you will probably need a 3rd person.

Yes, I realize that it's my job to show close-ups. The site is going to be "overhauled" soon. We're busy playing catch-up on orders right now and finishing up the summer festival season, but I PROMISE that change is on the way. HOWEVER, showing different tartans pleated up differently and several random examples of a kiltmaker's quality will give potential customers a better basis to make a decision. Doesn't matter who the kiltmaker is... just post pics of details that you think are good OR bad.

I agree that Tazmania is beautiful. However, tartan is MORE beautiful. hahahah... I really LIKE the pic of you in your BW Trad with the chainsaw! That was pretty darn creative! Great SHIRT by the way.

Thanks for allowing me to steal the pics you post. They'll make a great start to a new "Customer Pics" gallery on the new site.

Last but not least... Whoever that guy was in the Duct tape and blanket needs to be beaten within an inch of his life. VERY Funny, but at the same time, not funny at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet if you searched mr duct tape you would find a good measure of bailing wire on him .

Rob Wright

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rocky, maybe ducttape blanket man has had one too many beatings within an inch of his life.

David

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Rocky, maybe soomeone should do you an add like the Sierra Mist commercial (AKA Marilyn stance). Action shots are hard but in all honesty I have told my wife that I feel like I'm in a MUG (pun intended!) shot. Brother, your pushing my imigination on this...not to take an 'action shot' and not have it censored!

I hate to steal from the competators (although I do have a black eye patch in my back pocket) why don't you see what kind of ad ideas people come up with. Either static type or mini-commercial which are small enough to put on your site. Not that I woukldn't do something just for the 'love' of your kilts but some people need some incentives...now for the painful part...you could have a grand prize of a choice of tartan and a Philabeg givaway. You could be SOLE judge or have a combo 'jury' and you being final decession maker. I don't know what type of web restrictios you have but you could set up a contest with the provision that all submissions may be used and become property of USAKilts.

This is just a wild idea (actually I have a few ideas and I'm trying to get another kilt out of you!).

I like the tee shirt but lets put some teeth in this!

RLJ-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok ,, beings duct tape came up ...
    i just couldn't resist ...

http://www.octanecreative.com/ductta...mages/kilt.jpg

and heres the complete story ..

http://www.octanecreative.com/ducttape/fashion2.html
    all the way at the bottom and probably well placed

ambrose

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MacDucttape tartan...kind like it in an odd 'kinky' way...

RLJ-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rocky! Great plan, sir, but i have one suggestion. instead of making it "the first person to post one" (easier for some more so than others), why dont you put a deadline on the contest and then choose your favorite action shot out of all of them? well, just a suggestion. i suppose, as a kiltmaster, you can do whatever you damn well please!

Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Seamus has a good point there Rocky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oi graham! were on at the same time!

...i guess thats all i have to say.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast