X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any yorkshire kilts out there?

Just wondering if there are any Yorkshire kilties out there and if so are there any local events planned for next year 2016 in the Yorkshire area?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Wilson View Post
    Just wondering if there are any Yorkshire kilties out there and if so are there any local events planned for next year 2016 in the Yorkshire area?
    Surely I can't be the only kilt wearing yorkshire man?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This conjured visions of Bill Oddie in flat cap and braces practicing the Yorkshire martial art of Ecky Thump, beating his adversary with a piece of black sausage. Then I realised you weren't envisaging kilts in a Yorkshire tartan, but merely people wearing kilts in Yorkshire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Callaghan View Post
    This conjured visions of Bill Oddie in flat cap and braces practicing the Yorkshire martial art of Ecky Thump, beating his adversary with a piece of black sausage. Then I realised you weren't envisaging kilts in a Yorkshire tartan, but merely people wearing kilts in Yorkshire.
    Lol... oh I don't now so much, I quite like the vision of the Yorkshire clan called Ecky Thump with Bill Oddie as our chieftain ;-)

What a visual image - lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You won't walk alone kilted in Yorkshire.
    I am a sponsor of steam engine preservation and every time I have been invited to an unveiling ceremony in the National Railway Museum at York I have always worn a kilt to the event.
    Every time I have attended Whitby Goth Festival I have spotted plenty of kilts there.
    Here's a photo of a kilted group inside the Monk Bar at York a few years ago.
    I think the only person in this group who lives in Yorkshire is Doublewood Dave, third from left, who organised the get together.
    You could try contacting him. He is not often active on this forum but if he doesn't reply to you here you might catch him over at the other kilt forum.

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to cessna152towser For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cessna152towser View Post
    You won't walk alone kilted in Yorkshire.
    I am a sponsor of steam engine preservation and every time I have been invited to an unveiling ceremony in the National Railway Museum at York I have always worn a kilt to the event.
    Every time I have attended Whitby Goth Festival I have spotted plenty of kilts there.
    Here's a photo of a kilted group inside the Monk Bar at York a few years ago.
    I think the only person in this group who lives in Yorkshire is Doublewood Dave, third from left, who organised the get together.
    You could try contacting him. He is not often active on this forum but if he doesn't reply to you here you might catch him over at the other kilt forum.
    I visit York quite a bit, I think I'll wear my kilt next time I'm there. It might act like a magnet.