X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Threaded View

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back in the Saddle Again -- Douglas Weathered 16oz tank by Bonnie Heather Greene

Hi y'all. After a prolonged not quite complete absence from these pages for reasons which will not be discussed, I am happy to bring the first official picture of my "new" Weathered Douglas Strome 8 yard tank handsewn by my friend Bonnie Heather Greene. Although completed and recieved over a year ago, the first opportunity to wear this new kilt came at my company holiday party a couple weeks ago. I will write a full review at my next opportunity to don this beauty so keep watching this thread. For now I will simply say that the kilt was spot on for the measurements I provided (I put on a couple pounds from when I first got it) but still fit perfectly with a couple more strapholes utilized than I normally would. This I believe is the 4th tank that I have had Bonnie make for me and, although all of them fit and wear wonderfully, with each successive kilt we have dialed in small changes to now a near perfect fit to my less than perfect and entirely unfit body. Until further details are fleshed out in this thread, along with better and more complete photographic array, I will simply post this picture, and say "Thank You" again to Bonnie for the wonderful kilt.

Last edited by ForresterModern; 28th December 15 at 08:09 PM.