Was first turned on to the Weathered Douglas tartan by a friend and former Xmarker Rob Wright who was the first I know that had showed his new Weathered Douglas in these pages several years ago. I loved it then and still love it.

Forrester is a sept of Douglas (at least our line would have been), and Forrester did not have any official clan tartan until the 1960s or so. If any of my forebearers wore the kilt it would likely have been as one of the Douglas clan families, and under that clan leadership. I was not originally fond of the Douglas Modern sett, which is pretty simplistic yet a bit jarring with that single bright white stripe on a predominantly dark blue and green background. I did however fall in love with that sett in different colorways and have now developed my Douglas collection to include Ancient, Ancient Red, Black (not the black and grey), Brown, and now Weathered tartans. I did pick up enough of an N Batley 16 oz tartan whose colors are less harsh (particulalry the white stripe is less stark and striking) and that will be finding its way into the hands of Bonnie for my next kilt sometime in the hopefully not too distant future.