X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buffalo's First (Official) Kilt Night

In a nutshell: Buffalo's first-ever Kilt Night is going to be held at Riverworks on Monday, February 22, 2016 starting at 7:00pm with the Pipes & Drums of the Buffalo Gordon Highlanders.

I first heard of "kilt nights" here on X Marks The Scot! Anyway, I've talked about having one here in Buffalo to other kilted brethren I've met at various festivals and Burns Night dinners and they all liked the idea. Now it's finally happening!

I've been working with Marc Vitagliano from Riverworks and will let you know more as we finalize the details. Right now I'm working on some deal wherein if you show up in a kilt you get a free pint. The stumbling block is that apparently in NY you can't offer free beer, so we're trying to get around that somehow. Maybe you buy your first one and get a token, or maybe have the bouncer hand a token to anyone in a kilt. Not sure -I've never done this! Suggestions are welcome!

Anyway - all are welcome (kilted or not, male or female). Also please feel free to post comments/suggestions.

Thanks,
    Dave

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we first started Tartan Tuesday here in Toronto it was billed as Tennent's Tartan Tuesday. That was because if you showed up kilted the Tennent's rep gave you your first pint of Tennent's for $5.00 maybe you could get something like that going on.