X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great experience so far with USA Kilts

Last week, I ordered a bunch of stuff from USAK. The next day, they called me to make sure on some specifics with my kilt. That is the first time ever that I've gotten a call from a retailer I'd placed an online order with.

Then, over the course of the weekend, I decided that I needed to buy some more stuff (jacket, vest, etc). I called back over a very bad cell connection on my end, and talked to Lucas at the store. I knew I wanted to buy an Argyle, but wasn't 100 percent on which color would look best with my kilt. (Isle of Skye). So Lucas found a kilt in that tartan, and we spent a good thirty minutes (with the call dropping several times), during which Lucas helped me figure out specifics on jacket color, ties and so on. His suggestions were spot-on and he was patient through my cell problems. (It was raining here in the Willamette Valley of western Oregon, whoch is always dicey with cell connections.)

So I want to report that just from my narrow perspective so far, these folks are genuinely helpful and knowledgeable about their goods. In fact, the ordering process has been among the most pleasant that I've experienced, not just on the web, but also at brick and mortar stores.

I've bought bespoke clothes on many occasions before, so I know that quality isn't necessarily cheap, nor is it always fast. Having spent quite a good bit of time doing research prior to buying my kilt, I'm confident that I'll be very pleased with my clothing and accessories when they arrive.

There are very few businesses anymore that offer this kind of quality, along with a positive shopping experience.

All the best, Mark

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From another 19D, they are great to deal with, and everything I have ever received from them was top quality. Also, enjoy the candy.

3. The Following 4 Users say 'Aye' to sbevans For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have three wool kilts and four PV kilts from USAk, I couldn't be more pleased. I've talked to them on the phone before and they are always pleasant and professional. I'm actually getting ready to order number four wool. Remember pictures when you receive your kit.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.' Benjamin Franklin

5. The Following 4 Users say 'Aye' to Richrail For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I love these threads extolling Rocky and crew because it's all true! Their commitment to service is non pareil. A class act all the way.

Off the top of my head and in no particular order:
    Fast shipping
    A suit bag came with my jacket and vest
    The candy
    Lucas
    Well-designed website
    The candy
    A handwritten note on my invoice
    The candy
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan H View Post
    Some days you're the bat, some days you're the watermelon.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On my last order I had a very specific request, werthers original hard candies with my order, it's my favorite candy!

And as always I was not disappointed with my order.

Lucas is a fantastic help every time I've called, I always get great info, whether it's hose size and what brands run large or small, colours available, tartan availability, he knows it all, or can get the info quickly!
    "Everything is within walking distance if you've got the time"

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to GrainReaper For This Useful Post:

Retired Forum Manager
    Gentleman of X Marks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have three PV kilts and two wool ones from Rocky and Co. (not to mention the kilts for the other members of my family and numerous accessories) and have always gotten excellent service.

You can't go wrong with USA Kilts

Cheers

Jamie
    -See it there, a white plume
    Over the battle - A diamond in the ash
    Of the ultimate combustion-My panache

Edmond Rostand

10. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Panache For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lucky enough to live with driving distance of the store. They are always helpful and make both buying and wearing their product easy and fun. Good luck with your new purchase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    USA Kilts is indeed a great customer oriented business. I have received nothing but great products and service from them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madadh View Post
    Lucky enough to live with driving distance of the store. They are always helpful and make both buying and wearing their product easy and fun. Good luck with your new purchase.
    I'm sometimes glad I don't live within usual driving distance, as if that were the case I'd never have money of any sort.
    Ricky Lloyd
    Secretary • Appalachian Highlands Celts

14. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to rlloyd For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

I would like to follow-up on my experience with Rocky and crew. In addition to the Isle of Skye kilt, I ended up buying a second kilt in my clan tartan (MacIntyre). Both are absolutely brilliant garments with second-to-none quality.

The fit of the MacIntyre kilt was a bit off from the measurements, so I sent it back for some alterations. Rocky took care of everything and had my kilt back to me exactly one week after I shipped it off.

I feel so fortunate to have discovered USA Kilts through XMTS.

Cheers, Mark

16. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Cavalry Scout For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast