X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do I stop the emails?!

I recently got back on this site, and every time someone answers me, I get an email. I went to the general settings, and thought I checked all the right boxes. But I still get some emails coming through. Help!
    ARIZONA CELT

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click on your Avatar, go into General settings in the LH menu column, scroll down to Personal Messaging and click on Don't receive Email Notification of new Personal Messages.
    If you are going to do it, do it in a kilt!

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry but I think you are referring to what are call subscriptions. Subscriptions are how you are notified about new posts to threads you are interested in.

In your user Control Panel (userCP) you should find "General Settings" in the left side panel. Then look in the center panel for "Default Thread Subscription Mode"

There are five possible settings ifor subscriptions.
    1) Do not subscribe
    2) Through my Control Panel only
    3) Instantly, using email
    4) Daily using email
    5) Weekly using email

You may wish to set this to "Do not subscribe" or "Through my Control Panel only". This should stop all email notifications to threads.

If you have a thread that you wish to receive email notifications of you can manually subscribe to any thread by clicking on the blue title bar at the top of the thread. Look under "Thread Tools" and select "Subscribe to this thread".

After selecting the subscription setting you want, please go to near the top of the left panel and look for "Subscription". Here you will see all the threads that you are currently subscribed to. You may add or remove any thread from this list to receive notifications or not.
    Last edited by Steve Ashton; 15th March 16 at 05:02 PM.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Weatherhead View Post
    I recently got back on this site, and every time someone answers me, I get an email. I went to the general settings, and thought I checked all the right boxes. But I still get some emails coming through. Help!
    I had to switch the email notification to control panel notification only, but emails were still coming from threads I had replied to before changing notification to control panel only. I ended up Un-subscribing to the thread I was getting replies to and then re-subscribing so the new settings would take... I'm sure there was an easier way to do it but my solution worked for me
    "Everything is within walking distance if you've got the time"

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The simple way was to un-subscribe. Subscriptions deal with how you are notified of new posts only. If you un-subscribe you do not get notifications.
    If you are are subscribed, the settings you have, determine how you are notified.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried that

Quote Originally Posted by tpa View Post
    Click on your Avatar, go into General settings in the LH menu column, scroll down to Personal Messaging and click on Don't receive Email Notification of new Personal Messages.
    Tried that, but still recieve some emails.
    ARIZONA CELT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I tried all that

So, I did unsubscribe, and click the boxes, to recieve no emails (did these things, last night), but was still receiving a few. Will they eventually stop? I'm a little confused.
    ARIZONA CELT

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If when you look under "subscriptions' and there is nothing there, no, you should not be receiving any emails.
    You should only get emails as notifications of threads you are subscribed to.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have noticed that e mails stopped except if you are quoted. It appears to me that the only e mail notices ive gotten in weeks are when im quoted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=kiltedcontractor;1314949]I have noticed that e mails stopped except if you are quoted. It appears to me that the only e mail notices ive gotten in weeks are when im quoted.[/QUOTE