X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Problem with Burnetts and Struth website

Is there a problem with their web site? Is it still up. I have not been able to access it for a couple days. My browser connects but then spins on a blank page and nothing ever loads. At the bottom of the page is a message Read cdn5.bigcommerce.com and nothing else.

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It appears to be working fine for me. I went direct and also using their advertiser link.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Steve, this is very strange. I have also just tried both ways again and I am still getting no response. I am using Firefox. I wonder if that makes a difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could be FireFox. I can get in on both IE and Google Chrome. I can't get them to answer the questions I send them, but I can get to the website.

Rob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this is very interesting. I have just borrowed a friend's Linux system and I can access their web site with no problem. They have FireFox on it, so it is not FF by itself that is the problem. My own system is Windows 7 with FF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Works fine with Windows 10 and Firefox 45.0.1.
    If people did not sometimes do silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done.
    ---
    Ludwig Wittgenstein (26 April 1889 – 29 April 1951)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylahullu View Post
    Works fine with Windows 10 and Firefox 45.0.1.
    I don't have access to a Windows 10 system to try and don't know how to find what version of FF is on my machine. I would rather put my order in on my machine, but if I can't get access today I will use my friends machine to do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Jones View Post
    I don't have access to a Windows 10 system to try and don't know how to find what version of FF is on my machine. I would rather put my order in on my machine, but if I can't get access today I will use my friends machine to do it.
    Win 7 works just fine. If I were you I would check that my Firefox was not outdated.
    On the upper right corner you will find a button with three horizontal bars, click it, in the bottom of the window that opens, you will see a question mark, click it, and in the opening menu click "about Firefox" and you will see the version number, and Firefox will tell you if it needs to be updated.
    If people did not sometimes do silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done.
    ---

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylahullu View Post
    Win 7 works just fine. If I were you I would check that my Firefox was not outdated.
    On the upper right corner you will find a button with three horizontal bars, click it, in the bottom of the window that opens, you will see a question mark, click it, and in the opening menu click "about Firefox" and you will see the version number, and Firefox will tell you if it needs to be updated.
    Thanks for this. I wondered how it was done. I have 45.0.1 and it says I am up to date.

Now when I try to go to the site it says "transferring data from fonts.googleapis.com and stops loading. I have AVG firewall and anti virus running but nothing else that should interfere with browsing. The only other program running is Skype. I have no problems with this or any of the other sites I go to regularly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Jones View Post
    Thanks for this. I wondered how it was done. I have 45.0.1 and it says I am up to date.

Now when I try to go to the site it says "transferring data from fonts.googleapis.com and stops loading. I have AVG firewall and anti virus running but nothing else that should interfere with browsing. The only other program running is Skype. I have no problems with this or any of the other sites I go to regularly.
    Did some googling and found this: http://www.webnots.com/fix-slow-page...oogleapis-com/
    Maybe there is something useful, but it is outside my expert area, so use it at your own risk.
    Maybe someone else has some more helpull advise.
    ---

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast