X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Works with Win 7 and Firefox

Comment deleted out of respect for the Merchant, who has responded!
    Last edited by Mathew MacKillop; 7th April 16 at 04:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylahullu View Post
    Did some googling and found this: http://www.webnots.com/fix-slow-page...oogleapis-com/
    Maybe there is something useful, but it is outside my expert area, so use it at your own risk.
    Maybe someone else has some more helpull advise.
    Thank you for this information. I have checked it out but it has not helped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathew MacKillop View Post
    I can confirm that their site is working on a Win 7 based system using Firefox. The problem in this case is not on their end, but might lie with your ISP.

I can also confirm that it is an exercise in futility trying to get answers from them by email. Sometimes they answer in a day or two, sometimes they completely ignore the email and never answer it. It is this unreliable customer service that makes me hesitate to place any orders with them. If they're unwilling to answer the questions of someone who wants to give them money, I can only imagine how difficult it gets when they already have the money.

Regards,

Mathew
    Thanks Mathew I think you may be right.

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Farmer Jones For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can confirm that their site is working on a Win 7 based system using Firefox. The problem in this case is not on their end, but might lie with your ISP.

I can also confirm that it is an exercise in futility trying to get answers from them by email. Sometimes they answer in a day or two, sometimes they completely ignore the email and never answer it. It is this unreliable customer service that makes me hesitate to place any orders with them. If they're unwilling to answer the questions of someone who wants to give them money, I can only imagine how difficult it gets when they already have the money.

Regards,

Mathew

Thanks Mathew. I tried email, messaging through XMTS, messaging through their site, and calling them.

I guess your point makes sense - at least they don't have my money. Odd though. I guess they are doing so well that they don't need it.

6. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to WalesLax For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Comment deleted out of respect for the Merchant, who has responded!
    Last edited by Mathew MacKillop; 7th April 16 at 04:08 PM.

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Mathew MacKillop For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is an excellent point! Well, they must be doing well enough to not need the business/money.

It's a shame they stock the tartan I wanted AND seem to have some on sale. That is probably just my luck.

Rob

10. The Following User Says 'Aye' to WalesLax For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ......I can also confirm that it is an exercise in futility trying to get answers from them by email. Sometimes they answer in a day or two, sometimes they completely ignore the email and never answer it. It is this unreliable customer service that makes me hesitate to place any orders with them. If they're unwilling to answer the questions of someone who wants to give them money, I can only imagine how difficult it gets when they already have the money.....
    Sorry to hear about the lack of response. That, in itself, will keep me away. There are too many other merchants that do have "reliable" customer service.

If you are too busy to laugh, you are too busy.

12. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Couper For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys sorry we have had limited access to email over the past two days. We are certainly not ignoring anyone or making anyone feel left out. As far as i'm concerned the site is working an all browsers properly and we are also in the process of developing a brand new site to serve our customers for efficiently.

Burnett's Struth Scottish Regalia
    North America's Premier Kilt Makers and Tartan Suppliers.
    Visit our Online store at www.burnetts-struth.com
    Call us Toll-Free at 1-877-828-3232 (North America only)
    Email us by clicking here. Twitter - @burnettsnstruth

14. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to James C For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James C View Post
    Hi guys sorry we have had limited access to email over the past two days. We are certainly not ignoring anyone or making anyone feel left out. As far as i'm concerned the site is working an all browsers properly and we are also in the process of developing a brand new site to serve our customers for efficiently.

Burnett's Struth Scottish Regalia

For what it's worth, I had messaged you on February 4th and March 4th, I sent a message through the "we're not here right now" function on your website, and I have called twice. One time I was told I would get a call back, and the other I was told "you are in the US? Shipping is going to be very expensive." When I was asking "how expensive" (because I know it is), the young lady hung up on me.

So, for what it's worth, it's more of an issue than just those two days.

Rob

PS - I'm not trying to come across as a jerk, even though I think it would be hard not to with the information I am sharing. I would guess there is a chance you don't know all of this though, so it's only fair to share.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12