X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You tube clip on kilt making

Just saw that someone posted a clip on making a kilt but not a lot of folk appreciated the music that accompanied the clip lol (which I fully understand) anyhow its me making the kilt in the clip, the clip isn't meant as a tutorial on kilt making it was just a wee insight to how some kilts are made. All kilt makers do things slightly different it depends on where and when you where taught in my case 33 years ago in a very small kilt makers in Edinburgh which sadly no longer exists. My apprenticeship was 5 years long and covered all aspects of making a traditional hand see kilt which I am proud to say I am very good at lol the clip is not in sequence which is annoying as any kilt maker with knowledge will know I think someone actually said that there was no steeking in the kilt but I can assure you there was lol definitely no cutting corners on my kilts 😊

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember seeing that . . . Can you find it again?
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LoL I do remember that! And to be fair, I recall the cinematography to be very fine - but yes, I also recall the music making me cross-eyed.
    "We are all connected...to each other, biologically; to the earth, chemically; to the universe, atomically...and that makes me smile." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clip on kilts don't sound too secure without a decent belt I had to read the thread title again to make sure I understood it.

There's this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkZWro9skmo

Though I am not sure if that's the video in question
    Kilted Technician!

5. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to thecompaqguy For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thecompanyguy, that was a really cool insight into the kilt making process? Didn't know that it took so long to make a single kilt. Catchy background music too!