X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTB/WTT Older Glengarry

I am looking for an all navy glengarry cap. I would really like to get one in the older, lower-crown style that was common in the early 1900s. I see a number of chaps have gone in and had Mackie make a custom run in this style, but I would prefer a lower price and am not opposed to an old cap. Additionally, I am willing/would prefer to trade hose, sporran, etc. for a cap instead of paying cash.

Regards,

Isaac
    Vestis virum reddit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IsaacW View Post
    I am looking for an all navy glengarry cap. I would really like to get one in the older, lower-crown style that was common in the early 1900s. I see a number of chaps have gone in and had Mackie make a custom run in this style, but I would prefer a lower price and am not opposed to an old cap. Additionally, I am willing/would prefer to trade hose, sporran, etc. for a cap instead of paying cash.

Regards,

Isaac
    I've got an old Glengarry that my dad gave me, which doesn't quite fit me and could use a new home. The crown is about 3 3/4" inches tall. The size is hard to read, but looks like 7 1/8, which would make sense because I'm normally 7 1/4 and this is a touch small on me. It's not navy though, but rather black with a red toorie.

Might that work for you? If so, I'm interested in a trade, especially if you have a waist-plate buckle.

Last edited by CMcG; 11th May 16 at 05:28 AM.
    - Justitia et fortitudo invincibilia sunt
    - An t'arm breac dearg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can't find another one, you can cut a 1/2" split in the bottom back of the hat. Either leave it open or sew a piece of black elastic between the gap.
    Humor, is chaos; remembered in tranquillity- James Thurber