X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think all of that is necessary Bruce. It is a good kilt and I'm sure someone will appreciate it.
    The only reason I even brought it up is that I just made a few Irish Tartan kilts.

I use the Marton Mills Irish County Crest Tartans but did my research to give the customer a choice.

The Tartan the kilt is made from is the HoE County Antrim.

Steve Ashton
    www.freedomkilts.com
    Skype (webcam enabled) thewizardofbc
    I wear the kilt because:
    Swish + Swagger = Swoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some interest in this, but I am concerned that it might be too large for me. The hips in particular are a good 4 inches larger than my measurements. This is why I thought I would ask here in the open, so if this is the wrong place for this question my apologies - Would hip measurements that far off make a big differences in the fit? If so, is there a way to alter a kilt in this case to make it fit better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    I have some interest in this, but I am concerned that it might be too large for me. The hips in particular are a good 4 inches larger than my measurements. This is why I thought I would ask here in the open, so if this is the wrong place for this question my apologies - Would hip measurements that far off make a big differences in the fit? If so, is there a way to alter a kilt in this case to make it fit better?
    What size is your waist? I had the kilt made for me 12 years ago, at the time my pants waist was in the 38" range, I probably weighed about 220. I'm 6'4" and now I'm in the 245 range and the kilt is getting on the snug side but still comfortable. I've always had a pretty big *** though.

Bruce
    Last edited by Bruce M; 11th June 16 at 06:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of BC View Post
    I don't think all of that is necessary Bruce. It is a good kilt and I'm sure someone will appreciate it.
    The only reason I even brought it up is that I just made a few Irish Tartan kilts.

I use the Marton Mills Irish County Crest Tartans but did my research to give the customer a choice.

The Tartan the kilt is made from is the HoE County Antrim.

Steve,

I spoke with a woman who runs the Scottish Imports shop here in Edmonton and she buys kilts from Lochcarron and the tag means it is a Lochcarron kilt but, in this case, the tartan has been purchased from HoE. So mystery solved, I feel better.

thanks, Bruce

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An interesting answer you had there, but I see no reason to doubt it.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Jock Scot For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock Scot View Post
    An interesting answer you had there, but I see no reason to doubt it.
    thanks Jock

Bruce

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
    What size is your waist? I had the kilt made for me 12 years ago, at the time my pants waist was in the 38" range, I probably weighed about 220. I'm 6'4" and now I'm in the 245 range and the kilt is getting on the snug side but still comfortable. I've always had a pretty big *** though.

Bruce
    I measured again today as it has been a while. My pants waist is around 35" my natural waist measurement for were you wear the kilt was up to 42" a few months ago, but it looks like the walking has paid off and I'm down to 40". I knew the kilt would be a bit big for me, but it's looking like I might need a good number of alterations to make this fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    I measured again today as it has been a while. My pants waist is around 35" my natural waist measurement for were you wear the kilt was up to 42" a few months ago, but it looks like the walking has paid off and I'm down to 40". I knew the kilt would be a bit big for me, but it's looking like I might need a good number of alterations to make this fit.
    OK, I want to sell the entire package, the jacket and shirt are both 46, shirt also has an 18" neck. It basically fits someone who is in the 6'4 range with a natural waist in the 42" range, my inseam in 36". Good thing is I have gained 30 lbs since I bought it and it still fits, can't say that about pants.

thanks, Bruce

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Package now longer for Sale

Hi, I am happy to say I will be keeping my kilt package. It is no longer for sale.

11. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Bruce M For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruce,
    Having seen the kilt, and heard my comments to you at the time; I am very pleased for you. Wear it well!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12